Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (10/11/11). "Press Release: Dr. Allesandro Baldi Joins Protea as Vice President and General Manager. Will Lead Expansion of Company’s Bioanalytics Business". Morgantown, WV.
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. ("Protea" or the "Company") a leading developer of new bioanalytical technology, announced today that Alessandro Baldi, Ph.D. has joined the company as Vice President and General Manager. In this position Dr. Baldi will be Responsible for the management of the company's bioanalytics products and services, including the Company's LAESI instrument technology.
"Protea is positioned to become a leading solutions provider in the bioanalytics market, offering a blend of unique chemistries, services, domain knowledge and technologies," commented Dr. Baldi. He added, "Their overall portfolio of solutions, driven by the innovative LAESI technology, puts unprecedented capabilities in the hands of the biologist, providing deeper insight on the metabolism inside living cells and 3D distribution profiling of molecules in a biological tissue. I am pleased to join the Protea team, to build the leading new bioanalytics enterprise. This is a very exciting time for biology."
Dr. Baldi brings more than 25 years of experience in Separation Sciences and Mass Spectrometry to Protea Biosciences. Before joining Protea, he conducted research in natural products chemistry, and founded a consulting firm that worked with large Pharma and Energy companies in Europe and the Middle East. He joined PerkinElmer in the USA in 2001 and held senior roles as technology manager as well as business manager for their Chromatography portfolio, before becoming senior director of their Mass Spectrometry business.
"We are delighted to have Dr. Baldi joining us," stated Steve Turner, Protea's CEO. "He is a leader in our industry, who possesses both strong technical and management experience, and has extensive overseas knowledge. Dr. Baldi is ideally suited to grow Protea's bioanalytics business." Protea's LAESI DP1000 bioanalytical instrument system, is believed to be the first bioanalytical instrument to enable rapid and massively-parallel identification of proteins and other biomolecules in cells and biofluids without sample preparation. The LAESI DP1000 instrument system has applications in many fields, including pathology, pharmaceutical research, agriculture and forensics.
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. (www.proteabio.com) develops new bioanalytical technologies that enable the direct analysis of proteins, metabolites, and other biomolecules, and applies their technology to the development of new pharmaceuticals, products and services.
This press release may contain certain statements relating to future results which are forwardlooking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's financial results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences, Inc.,
955 Hartman Run Road,
For more information on LAESI: http://laesi.proteabio.com/
Record changed: 2016-12-03
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]