Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Protea Launches New Mass Spec Technology. Novel Silicon Chip Rapidly Identifies Small Molecules in Biofluids". St. Louis, MO.
|Region||St. Louis, MO|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Organisation 2||George Washington University, Dept. of Chemistry, Vertes Research Group|
|Group||George Washington University|
|Product||REDIchip™ (Resonance-Enhanced Desorption Ionization)|
|Product 2||nanopost array technology (NAPA technology)|
|Index term||Protea Biosciences–George Washington Univ: LAESI technology, 201009– license ww excl from GWU research team of Prof Akos Vertes|
|Person||Turner, Stephen (Steve) (Protea Biosciences 201002 CEO)|
|Person 2||Vertes, Akos (George Washington Univ 2000– Prof before Associate Prof since 1991)|
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. (OTCQB:PRGB) ("Protea") announced today a new, silicon chip technology that enables the rapid identification and quantitation of small molecules in biofluids. The announcement was made at the 63rd American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, held in St. Louis, MO.
Known as REDIchip™ ("Resonance-Enhanced Desorption Ionization"), the product employs a patented, "nanopost array" (NAPA) nanotechnology invented in the laboratory of Prof. Akos Vertes, PhD., Department of Chemistry, The George Washington University, and exclusively licensed to Protea.
"REDIchip technology will greatly improve a researcher's ability to rapidly detect and quantify small molecules in biofluids, in a contaminant-free environment. This breakthrough is made possible by a highly organized, high density nanopost array design that provides 27 million nanoposts for each two millimeter spot. The chip provides exceptional sensitivity and reproducibility of results," stated Steve Turner, Protea CEO. He added, "We are presenting applications data at this week's ASMS Conference, and plan to commence shipments in Q3 2015."
REDIchip technology was developed by Protea in conjunction with a $14 million DARPA cooperative research agreement led by The George Washington University and including GE Global Research and SRI International. The project goal is to develop new tools to elucidate the mechanism of action of a threat agent, drug, biologic or chemical on living cells within 30 days from exposure. Uncovering the mechanism of action of such agents in 30 days compared to the years currently required will enhance and support the development of effective threat mitigations and countermeasures.
REDIchip is formatted as a disposable, single use, 96 spot, target plate, suitable for simple and complex biological mixtures, and compatible with most standard MALDI-MS instrument systems.
About Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. (OTCQB:PRGB) is a molecular information company providing innovative bioanalytical solutions to the pharmaceutical and life science industries. "Molecular information" refers to the generation and bioinformatic processing of very large data sets, obtained by applying the Company's technology to identify and characterize the proteins, metabolites, lipids and other biologically-active molecules which are the byproducts of all living cells and life forms.
The Company is applying its technology to the development of next generation, "direct molecular imaging" technology and service capabilities that enable more rapid and comprehensive molecular profiling of human disease.
Forward-Looking Statements; This press release may contain statements relating to future results or events, which are forward-looking statements. Words such as "expects", "intends", "plans", "may", "could", "should", "anticipates", "likely", "believes" and words of similar import may identify forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further, information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's business and financial and other results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, available at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
Protea and LAESI are registered trademarks of Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.,
1311 Pineview Dr., Morgantown, WV 26505 USA
About REDIchip: https://proteabio.com/products/REDIchip.
Record changed: 2016-04-01
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]