Document › Details
Protea Biosciences, Inc.. (7/21/09). "Press Release: Protea Anounces Exclusive License Agreement with Johns Hopkins University. Collaboration Will Focus on the Development of New Protein Tests for Cardiovascular Disease". Morgantown, WV.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Inc.|
|Today||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Johns Hopkins University|
|Product||clinical proteomic test|
|Product 2||cardiovascular test|
|Person||Turner, Stephen (Steve) (Protea Biosciences 201002 CEO)|
Protea Biosciences, announced today that it has entered into an exclusive license agreement with Johns Hopkins University (JHU) for technology developed in the laboratory of Jennifer Van Eyk, PhD., Professor of Medicine, the Division of Cardiology, Biological Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering. Van Eyk’s laboratory team has discovered that proteins bound to human serum albumin, as well as the albumin molecule itself, can yield important new data for improving cardiovascular disease diagnosis and management.
“Their initial investigations have identified at least 35 different proteins that are carried by albumin, several of which have relevance for cardiovascular disease”, stated Steve Turner, Protea’s CEO. He added “But this looks like the tip of the iceberg. It appears that there are many more proteins carried by albumin, as well as changes in the albumin itself, that have the potential to yield important new data for identifying specific types of heart disease.”
In a recent publication, the Hopkins research team found that the albumin molecule can undergo a specific alteration during myocardial ischemia (MI), a condition where not enough oxygen is reaching the heart muscle. This has great potential clinical
significance, because physicians need a more specific and rapid test to determine whether a patient has myocardial ischemia that will improve with medication, versus ischemia related to an actual myocardial infarction needing an emergency procedure. The first hour following the onset of ischemia from a myocardial infarction has been termed “the golden hour,” Definitive treatment during that hour usually results in
survival; treatment later than that significantly increases the chances of death or long term complications.
The company will apply the JHU technology to develop new products for the analysis of the albumin protein, and to create new cardiovascular disease management tools for improving the treatment of myocardial ischemia.
Protea Biosciences develops and commercializes new echnology that improves the recovery and analysis of proteins from biological samples, and applies its knowledge to the development of new pharmaceuticals, products and services.
For more Information:
Steve Turner, CEO, email@example.com
Protea Biosciences, Inc.,
955 Hartman Run Road,
Morgantown, WV 26507
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]