Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/13/12). "Press Release: Protea Biosciences Expands Its Bioanalytical Services Capabilites". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||mass spectrometry services (MS services)|
|Product 2||LAESI DP-1000 system|
|Person||Baldi, Alessandro (Protea Biosciences 201110– VP + General Manager before own consulting firm before PerkinElmer)|
Company's Bioanalytical Services Division expands into a new facility and provides new high resolution MS-based imaging capabilities using proprietary LAESI technology
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., a leading developer of technologies and services for biomolecular analysis, announced today that the company is expanding its bioanalytical services business into a new, state-of-the-art 11,000 sq. ft. facility, providing innovative mass spectrometry services to the biopharma market. The facility is located in Morgantown, WV. The new space will advance the continued growth of the current mass spectrometry services business by providing additional instrumentation and increased analytical capabilities, including the use of the LAESI DP-1000 system for distribution profiling of biomolecules. The new facility is expected to be operational in the last week of April.
"This expansion allows us to better support our customers by increasing our overall service capabilities, and it enables the enhancement of our portfolio of solutions." said Alessandro Baldi, Vice President and General Manager at Protea. "The addition of LAESI-based services gives us the opportunity to perform direct ionization and 2D-3D mapping of biological samples, without the need for time consuming sample preparation, which will increase our overall throughput and empower researchers with data that was previously unimaginable."
The Bioanalytical Services Division specializes in services including, biomarker discovery, absolute quantitation of large molecules, MRM-based assays, and global proteome characterization. The LAESI-based services on the proprietary LAESI DP-1000 system will include analysis of tissues, living cells and colonies, TLC plate mapping, as well as high throughput biofluid analysis and molecular quantitation studies.
Protea's Bioanalytical Services Division has always been focused on providing domain expertise and innovation to support projects from concept to knowledge using its large portfolio of low and high resolution mass spectrometry technologies. This expansion supports the increased demand for advanced bioanalytical studies in order to better serve research organizations and biopharma companies during drug discovery and development cycle.
Protea is a leader in the field of bioanalytics - the identification and characterization of proteins, metabolites, and other biomolecules, which are the products of all living cells and life forms - technology that is foundational for all pharmaceutical and life science research.
This press release may contain certain statements relating to future results, which are forward looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further, information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's financial results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forwardlooking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., 955 Hartman Run Road, Morgantown, WV 26507 USA
Phone: 304.284.2600 Fax: 304.292.7101
Protea website: www.proteabio.com
BioAnalytical Services Division: https://proteabio.com/services
2D- 3D Imaging Services: https://proteabio.com/LAESI/LAESI-Based+Services
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]