Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (1/4/12). "Press Release: Protea Receives »Top Ten« Technology Award. Journal Cites LAESI Instrument Developed by the Company". Morgantown, WV.
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. ("Protea"), a leading bioanalytics company, announced today that The Scientist, an international research journal of the Life Sciences industry, has selected Protea to receive its Top Ten Innovative Technologies award for the year 2011.
In the January 2012 issue, The Scientist selected Protea's LAESI DP-1000, a new instrument developed by Protea, that eliminates time-consuming sample preparation steps, and allows rapid molecular analysis of biological samples.
"On behalf of our employees, shareholders and customers, we thank The Scientist for its selection of the LAESI DP-1000, which we believe is a game-changing life sciences instrument that has the potential to dramatically accelerate and reduce the costs of biomedical discovery," stated Steve Turner, Protea's CEO. He added, "What we believe makes the LAESI DP-1000 unique is that it is a universal platform - one that can be used to analyze all types of biological samples, including tissue biopsies, live cells, blood, and other biofluids. It allows the direct, molecular analysis of living cells".
In announcing the award winners in its January 2012 issue, the staff of The Scientist stated, "Congratulations to all the winners of 2011's Top 10 Innovations contest, and here's to the researchers who will use these tools to break new scientific ground and expand our understanding of biology in the months and years to come."
LAESI technology was invented in the laboratory of Akos Vertes, Ph.D., George Washington University and exclusively licensed to Protea. Using the LAESI DP-1000, large numbers of biomolecules can be rapidly identified and spatially mapped via imaging to cell structures, and tissues.
The Scientist is an international print and digital publication dedicated to covering a wide range of topics central to the study of cell and molecular biology, genetics, and other life-science fields.
Protea is a leader in the field of bioanalytics - the identification and analysis of proteins and other biomolecules that are produced by living cells, technology that is essential to pharmaceutical and medical research.
This press release may contain certain statements relating to future results which are forwardlooking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's financial results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., 955 Hartman Run Road, Morgantown, WV 26507
Phone: 304.284.2600 Fax: 304.292.7101
web site: www.proteabio.com
on LAESI: https://proteabio.com/LAESI/
The Scientist: http://the-scientist.com/2012/01/01/top-ten-innovations-2011/
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]