Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Protea in Marketing Partnership with MatTek Corporation". Morgantown, WV.
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. (OTCQB:PRGB) (“Protea”) announced today that the Company has entered into a co-marketing agreement with MatTek Corporation (“MatTek”), which allows Protea to include MatTek’s human cell based in vitro tissue models with Protea’s proprietary molecular imaging services.
“By combining the human tissue models with mass spectrometry imaging workflows, researchers will be able to visualize specific compounds in highly - controlled experimental conditions using human cell derived, in vitro models,” stated Haddon Goodman, Vice President, Corporate Development. He added, “For example, utilizing MatTek’s EpiDerm™ skin model, we can map the distribution of topical compounds, while also visualizing the distribution of biomolecules present in the tissue. These experiments determine if a compound is penetrating the skin without using a tag or marker on the compound, which are commonly needed for visualization using traditional techniques.” The in vitro models are easier to source, much more reproducible and more humane as compared to human or animal skin tissues.
MatTek is at the forefront of tissue engineering and is a world leader in the production of innovative 3D reconstructed human tissue models. The outstanding relevance and reproducibility of EpiDerm and EpiOcular, MatTek’s corneal tissue model, produced impressive results in international multi-laboratory pre-validation and validation studies, leading to acceptance by OECD as test methods for skin and ocular irritation and corrosion testing.
The companies plan to jointly present data at the 76th annual Society for Investigative Dermatology conference on April 26-29 in Portland, Oregon. This work will highlight the benefit of integrating human cell-based tissue models with Protea’s mass spectrometry imaging workflows.
About Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. (OTCQB:PRGB) is a molecular information company providing proprietary, bioanalytical workflows to the pharmaceutical and life science industries. "Molecular information", the generation and bioinformatic processing of very large data sets, is obtained by applying the Company's technology to identify and characterize the proteins, metabolites, lipids and other biologically-active molecules which are the byproducts of all living cells and life forms.
About MatTek Corporation:
MatTek Corporation is at the forefront of tissue engineering and is a world leader in the production of innovative 3D reconstructed human tissue models. MatTek’s skin, ocular, intestinal and respiratory tissue models are used in regulatory toxicology (OECD, EU guidelines) and product development programs to address toxicology and efficacy concerns throughout the cosmetic/personal care, household product, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries.
This press release may contain statements relating to future results or events, which are forward-looking statements. Words such as "expects", "intends", "plans", "may", "could", "should", "anticipates", "likely", "believes" and words of similar import may identify forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further, information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's business and financial and other results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, available at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
Protea and LAESI are registered trademarks of Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., 1311 Pineview Dr., Morgantown, WV 26505 USA
Record changed: 2017-04-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Protea Extends Collaboration with Protein Metrics". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]