Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/20/12). "Press Release: Protea Receives Pittcon Editors’ 2012 Bronze Award. Company’s New LAESI DP-1000 Instrument Recognized as One of This Year’s Top New Products at Pittcon 2012". Morgantown, WV.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Product||LAESI DP-1000 system|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2012 Orlando|
|Person||Baldi, Alessandro (Protea Biosciences 201110– VP + General Manager before own consulting firm before PerkinElmer)|
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., announced today that it was awarded the distinguished 2012 Pittcon Editors' Bronze Award for the Protea LAESI® DP-1000 as one of the best new products at the 2012 International Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy (PITTCON), recently held in Orlando, FL.
The LAESI DP-1000 Direct Ionization System uses the natural properties of biological samples to enable the identification, characterization, profiling, and quantitation of biomolecules by mass spectrometry with no or minimal sample preparation. Used in both 2D and 3D imaging investigations as well as with open-well plates analysis, the LAESI DP-1000 offers new opportunities in bio-analytics, eliminating complicated and timeconsuming sample preparation steps while simultaneously giving scientists direct access to biomolecules from tissues, living cells and colonies. Used in the fields of biomarker discovery, pharmacokinetics studies and in-vivo/ vitro toxicological screening, LAESI DP-1000 provides unparalleled information that facilitates drug discovery and development.
"The entire team of Protea, is honored to have received this award for the LAESI DP-1000 system," says Alessandro Baldi, Vice President and General Manager at Protea Biosciences. "We consider the Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy as one of the industry's leading opportunities to present new and innovative products and we thank the Editors' Committee for this recognition. It is truly humbling to have the LAESI DP-1000 selected by the Pittcon editors as one of this year's top platforms. This award inspires us to continue developing new products to better serve the bio-analytical market with innovative solutions."
The LAESI DP-1000 changes the way scientists approach biomolecules analysis. Using this technology, it is possible to directly look into what is happening inside a biological system, examining the molecules where they are and as they are in nature. LAESI DP-1000 facilitates biologists to better understand the biodynamics of cell cultures and living colonies and provides biochemists the opportunity to analyze distribution profiles of metabolites in a tissue. The process itself offers unparalleled speed to the mass spec workflows, allowing scientists to truly see beyond experimental expectations.
The International Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy (PITTCON) is probably the world's largest annual conference and exposition for laboratory science. Since 1950 PITTCON has been the reference conference with symposia, workshops and networking and exhibition sessions designed for scientists, laboratory managers and all companies operating in analytical chemistry.
How the LAESI DP-1000 Works
The LAESI DP-1000 directly ionizes samples at ambient pressure in a two-step process: laser ablation and electrospray ionization. The process begins when the sample is ablated by a short, mid-IR laser pulse that is tuned to the strong absorption line of liquid water (2940 nm). This laser pulse creates a small plume of non-ionized material. As the plume collapses, a secondary jet of material is ejected from the sample surface and into the ESI stream where it is ionized. The ionized material is then swept into the mass spectrometer for analysis. LAESI DP-1000 combines laser resolution capabilities with electrospray ionization benefits.
Protea was founded in 2001, to commercialize new technologies from West Virginia University (WVU), located in Morgantown, WV. Eleven years later, Protea has evolved into an industry leader in the field of bioanalytics. Boasting the groundbreaking Protea LAESI DP-1000 direct ionization system, a state-of-the-art bioanalytical services laboratory, and a wide portfolio of mass spectrometry and protein sample preparation products, Protea offers biologists and biochemists innovative solutions to their most difficult problems. Both Protea's main facility and its new 11,000 sq. ft. bioanalytical services laboratory facility are located in Morgantown, WV. With an international network of distributors and a subsidiary located in Langlade, France (Proteabio Europe), Protea offers innovations to a global market.
This press release may contain certain statements relating to future results, which are forward looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further, information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's financial results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.
955 Hartman Run Road
Morgantown, WV 26507
For More About LAESI: https://proteabio.com/LAESI
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]