Document › Details
Proteome Sciences plc. (5/18/16). "Press Release: CEO Appointment".
Against the buoyant background and trajectory of the PS Biomarker Services business it is now appropriate to expand the executive team with a senior figure strongly connected to the pharmaceutical industry and to split the role of Executive Chairman.
Proteome Sciences is delighted to announce that Jeremy Haigh will be joining the board as CEO in June (subject to regulatory approval). He is a strong advocate of Precision Medicine and will bring numerous industry contacts and considerable commercial experience to the role.
Jeremy is an established leader in the biopharmaceutical sector with 30 years in clinical and operational research and development, principally at Merck and Amgen where most recently he was European Chief Operating Officer, R&D.
His basic training was in neuropharmacology and he has been significantly involved in healthcare policy and government affairs in the UK and Europe having served on the board of the BioIndustry Association (BIA), the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries (EFPIA) Research Directors Group, and the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry Innovation Board (ABPI). He is currently the Chairman of Cogent Skills Limited and a member of Imperial College Health Partners Advisory Council.
With the news of his appointment, Jeremy Haigh commented,
"I am delighted to be joining Proteome Sciences at a time of tremendous opportunity. The challenge of developing more precise therapeutics coupled with growing patient expectations is creating a highly receptive environment for our enabling technologies and I look forward to working with the board and the entire team to realise this potential."
Christopher Pearce added,
"As Chairman, I look forward to working closely with Jeremy and the executive team to help them exploit the considerable commercial opportunities arising in Precision Medicine from the outstanding proteomics platform Proteome Sciences has established to deliver truly personalised medicine."
For further information please contact:
Proteome Sciences plc
Christopher Pearce, Executive Chairman
Dr. Ian Pike, Chief Operating Officer
Tel: +44 (0)1932 865065
Geoff Ellis, Finance Director
finnCap Limited (nominated adviser & broker)
Geoff Nash/James Thompson
Tel : +44 (0)20 7220 0500
Tel: +44 (0)1483 271291
Mobile +44(0)7979 900733
Notes for editors:
About Proteome Sciences plc (www.proteomics.com)
With its HQ in Cobham, UK and laboratory facilities in London and Frankfurt, Proteome Sciences is a global leader in applied proteomics offering high sensitivity, proprietary technologies and workflows in cell signalling pathways (SysQuant®, TMTcalibrator™) and in protein biomarker discovery, validation and assay development.
PS Biomarker Services® provides proteomics outsourcing services and proprietary biomarker assays from its ISO 9001: 2008 facility in Frankfurt, Germany to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics companies and academia.
Proteome Sciences' research has discovered a large number of novel protein biomarkers in key human diseases with a focus mainly in neurological/neurodegenerative conditions and in cancer. It has patented blood biomarkers in Alzheimer's disease, stroke, brain damage and cancers for diagnostic and treatment applications that are available for licenses.
Record changed: 2016-06-09
More documents for Proteome Sciences (Group)
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Placing and Subscription of 66,258,100 New Ordinary Shares at 5 Pence perShare and Notice of General Meeting"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Study Demonstrates Mass Spectrometry Technique Dramatically Enhances Detection of Key Early Stage Alzheimer's Biomarkers. Publication: Journal of Alzheimer's disease". Cobham....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (7/28/16). "Press Release: Trading Update and Notice of Results"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Recognizes Tandem Mass Tag Grant Award Winners at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (6/1/16). "Press Release: CEO Appointment"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (5/31/16). "Press Release: Publication of Annual Report"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (5/18/16). "Press Release: Preliminary Results for the Year Ended 31st December, 2015". Cobham....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (4/5/16). "Press Release: Deep Protein Profiling Key to Improving Cancer Treatment". Cobham....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/25/14). "Press Release: Proteome Sciences Signs $2m Contract with Genting TauRx Diagnostic Centre to Develop Diagnostic Panels to Detect Alzheimer's Disease and Monitor Treatment Efficacy". London....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]