Document › Details
Proteome Sciences plc. (2/7/14). "Press Release: Trading Update".
The Directors would like to update shareholders on the Company's trading activities. Revenue for 2013 is expected to show a significant increase over 2012 resulting from the strong performance across our core activities.
The Orbitrap Fusion mass spectrometer provided as part of the licensing deal with Thermo Fisher Scientific last June has been installed and is now providing most impressive results with increases of over 100% in the number of proteins quantified using TMT®. Through this, considerable additional capacity is available to process and expand customer contracts at PS Biomarker Services.
The pipeline and level of interest in biomarker services continues to grow in 2014, reflecting the shift from pilot studies to large scale programmes.
We are pleased to announce that we have signed the term sheet for a biomarker services contract to process a large cohort of patient samples from which we aim to develop a companion diagnostic.
A pilot study as the prelude to a potential major contract in cancer has also been signed and we are actively finalising a number of new biomarker services contracts with existing and new customers.
We await with considerable interest publication of the results from the large King's College, London 1000 patient sample set under our collaboration showing the performance of the biomarkers and their utility for early diagnosis, drug development and patient management in Alzheimer's disease and where Proteome Sciences has the commercial rights.
We are confident about our prospects and expect to see this reflected through continued strong growth in news flow and revenue.
- Ends -
For further information please contact:
Proteome Sciences plc
Christopher Pearce, Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Ian Pike, Chief Operating Officer Tel: +44 (0)1932 865065
James Malthouse, Finance Director
Stephen Keys/Camilla Hume Tel: +44 (0)20 7397 8900
Tel: +44 (0)1483 271291
Notes to Editors:
About Proteome Sciences
Proteome Sciences is a global leader in applied proteomics and peptidomics offering high sensitivity, proprietary technologies for protein and peptide biomarker discovery, validation and assay development. Its PS Biomarker Services™ uses isobaric and isotopic Tandem Mass Tag® (TMT®) workflows developed on the latest Orbitrap® Fusion Tribrid, Orbitrap® Velos and TSQ Vantage mass spectrometers to deliver rapid, robust and reproducible biomarker assay development for customers in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotechnology sectors. Services are provided from its ISO 9001: 2008 accredited facilities in Frankfurt, Germany. By combining Selected Reaction Monitoring (SRM) and TMT® workflows highly multiplexed assays can be developed rapidly and are suitable for screening hundreds of candidate biomarkers in larger validation studies and can be transferred for immunoassay development. The Company's own research has discovered a large number of novel protein biomarkers in key human diseases and is focused mainly in
neurological/neurodegenerative conditions and in cancer. It has discovered and patented blood biomarkers, including Alzheimer's disease, stroke, brain damage and lung cancer for diagnostic and treatment applications that are available for license or are already outlicensed. Proteome Sciences, based in Cobham, UK, with facilities in London and Frankfurt, delivers outsourced proteomics services and proprietary biomarkers/biomarker assays to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and diagnostics companies.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Proteome Sciences (Group)
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Placing and Subscription of 66,258,100 New Ordinary Shares at 5 Pence perShare and Notice of General Meeting"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/22/16). "Press Release: Study Demonstrates Mass Spectrometry Technique Dramatically Enhances Detection of Key Early Stage Alzheimer's Biomarkers. Publication: Journal of Alzheimer's disease". Cobham....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (7/28/16). "Press Release: Trading Update and Notice of Results"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Recognizes Tandem Mass Tag Grant Award Winners at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (6/1/16). "Press Release: CEO Appointment"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (5/31/16). "Press Release: Publication of Annual Report"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (5/18/16). "Press Release: CEO Appointment"....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (5/18/16). "Press Release: Preliminary Results for the Year Ended 31st December, 2015". Cobham....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (4/5/16). "Press Release: Deep Protein Profiling Key to Improving Cancer Treatment". Cobham....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]