Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/20/08). "Press Release: Agreement with Sage-N Research Provides Complete Proteomics Data Analysis Solution". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Sage-N Research Inc.|
|Product||SEQUEST® search engine|
|Product 2||Sorcerer™ proteomic data appliance|
|Index term||Thermo Fisher–Sage-N Research: proteomics s/w, –200808– collab existent 5y developm + product integration incl SORCERER™ s/w|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, and Sage-N Research Inc., the leading supplier of high-throughput proteomics data analysis solutions, today announced the latest product of their five year collaboration on proteomics analysis: the first proteomics software platform designed specifically for the Enterprise Linux market.
The SORCERER™ Enterprise software product, available from Sage-N Research, is a scalable software suite for fully automated, high-volume proteomic analyses on high-performance Linux systems, including blade servers and conventional Linux clusters. It is designed for data centers in biopharmaceutical companies and centralized laboratories that must process rapidly increasing amounts of proteomics data from mass spectrometry experiments in research areas such as cancer, stem cells, and neurodegenerative diseases.
The SORCERER Enterprise platform can be used as the main standalone data analysis system to support hundreds of proteomics researchers using a web interface. It can also seamlessly interface with the recently introduced Windows®-based Proteome Discoverer software from Thermo Fisher Scientific. High-throughput proteomics laboratories can use these two complementary products as an integrated system that allows customized back-end analytical tools and infrastructure interfaces on the SORCERER platform and a customizable front-end interactive environment on the Proteome Discoverer platform.
"The SORCERER Enterprise software is our latest offering for next generation 'Proteomics 2.0' analyses focusing on protein modifications, new dissociation technologies like ETD, and quantitation," said James Candlin, vice president of proteomics solutions, Sage-N Research. "We are delighted to continue our technical collaboration with Thermo Fisher Scientific to deliver innovative, world-class analysis solutions to high-performance proteomics laboratories around the world."
"We are continuing to provide high-quality solutions for our high-throughput customers, with best-of-class products developed both in-house and with technology-leading partners," said Andreas Hühmer, proteomics marketing director, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "We are pleased to continue our successful collaboration with Sage-N Research to deliver industry-leading products to the marketplace."
The SORCERER Enterprise software offers a roadmap for current users of Thermo Scientific SEQUEST® Clusters who need to add advanced data analysis capabilities such as protein quantitation or analysis of post-translational modifications to their current database searching. A special trade-in discount is available for a limited time.
Information about the SORCERER Enterprise software is available directly from Sage-N Research, as well as from the Thermo Fisher Scientific booth #34 at HUPO 2008. Please call +1 800-532-4752, email email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com. Alternatively, please call +1 408-200-6668, email info@SageNResearch.com, or visit http://www.SageNResearch.com.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
SEQUEST is a registered trademark of the University of Washington.
Sorcerer is a trademark of Sage-N Research, Inc.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]