Document › Details
Proxeon A/S. (2/8/10). "Press Release: Proxeon Aims to Boost Productivity in Proteomics Labs – Launches EASY-nLC II for LC-MS". Odense.
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||EASY-nLC II nanoscale LC system|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Winge, Mårten (Doxa AB 201110– CEO before Proxeon CEO)|
Proxeon announced today the release of the company's second generation instrument, EASY-nLC™ II, optimized for LC-MS applications in proteomics and providing scientists with the opportunity to significantly improve system productivity as a result of a new autosampler and upgraded software.
The company's EASY-nLC platform utilizes a so-called 'split-free' configuration to enhance sensitivity, reproducibility and system stability. The success of this approach has been demonstrated by the original EASY-nLC system which is already established as the system of choice for major mass spectrometry suppliers and many prestigious proteomics laboratories.
The EASY-nLC II system continues to offer the unrivalled ease of use and excellent performance of its predecessor, but has been optimized to increase system productivity. The new autosampler features a fully insulated, refrigerated compartment with increased capacity for sample vials and wash-solvents, enabling the system to run unattended for longer than ever before. A novel 'intelligent flow control' feature enables runs to be preprogrammed to user-defined pressure limits, ensuring rapid build-up of pressure and flow, speeding up equilibration and sample loading steps and eliminating the interruptions that can occur due to pressure fluctuations. In addition, the class-leading automated self-diagnostic tests of the EASY-nLC systems have been enhanced to ensure that users spend even less time troubleshooting. For example, the system can now pinpoint the location of solvent leaks.
EASY-nLC II systems are delivered pre-configured to interface and synchronize easily with any MS system and can be installed and running within hours. Wizard-style programming assists with defining optimal running conditions. The system is easily switched between 1- or 2-column configurations and, by using the autosampler as a third pump, can also be used to run two-dimensional mass spectrometry analyses (2D LC-MS), a configuration shown to enable identification of more proteins than conventional approaches.
Mårten Winge, Proxeon's CEO, explained: "Feedback from proteomics scientists working in leading laboratories throughout the world has been, and continues to be, a vital part in shaping our product development plans. Since the first EASY-nLC systems entered the market, we have maintained a philosophy of continuous improvement in hardware and software. The EASY-nLC II system is the culmination of a project in which attention to detail, from the smallest software feature to significant hardware changes, has produced a system that retains the excellent performance of its predecessor while significantly improving overall productivity."
For more information, please contact Proxeon:
Mårten Winge, M.Sc., CEO, Proxeon A/S
Tel.: +45 2633 2020
Fax: +45 6557 2301
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]