Document › Details
Proxeon A/S. (10/29/07). "Press Release: Proxeon Releases Update of ProteinCenter". Odense.
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||ProteinCenter™ data intepretation s/w|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Winge, Mårten (Doxa AB 201110– CEO before Proxeon CEO)|
Proxeon announced today that the company has released a new version of its proteomics data interpretation software, ProteinCenter™.
This unique tool, already in use at key proteomic centres in Europe and the U.S.A., enables biologists to convert complex proteomics data into biological sense within minutes - performing bioinformatic analyses that can take months to finalize using conventional solutions.
One key new feature is the ability to link quantitative proteomics data to pathways and biological annotation - ProteinCenter can now handle quantitative data from Mascot and MS-Quant - crucial to progress in proteomics research.
Other improvements include visualization of compared datasets through Venn diagrams, support for the Arabidopsis and Flybase sequence databases, and a new statistical module that determines the biological significance between two datasets, further increasing the reliability of data interpretation.
Mårten Winge, CEO at Proxeon, explained: 'Despite excellent performance of modern mass spectrometers and the use of multiple tools for preliminary protein identification and validation, proteomics scientists can still spend months on data analysis. Using ProteinCenter, they can confidently interpret large data sets and easily obtain meaningful biological information
We have refined the performance of ProteinCenter and added new functionalities in direct response to feedback from current users. Interested scientists can visit our web site and try out ProteinCenter for themselves, using their own data.'
ProteinCenter is based on a consolidated, biologically annotated, protein sequence database derived from all major protein databases to enable filtering, clustering and statistical bioinformatic analysis from single, combined or comparison datasets - in other words, faster, more confident data interpretation using only one unique analytical tool.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]