Document › Details
Quintiles. (5/4/15). "Press Release: Quintiles Establishes Bioanalytical Laboratory in Europe". Research Triangle Park, NC.
Provides additional depth and scale to existing bioanalytical laboratory capabilities, services and expertise
Quintiles today announced the expansion of its bioanalytical laboratory services with the establishment of a GLP-compliant bioanalytical liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) laboratory. The laboratory, which is located in Oss, the Netherlands, will have extensive bioanalytical testing capabilities and will provide a European facility for Quintiles customers to conduct pharmacokinetics studies.
The Oss laboratory facility combines a cohort of employees with extensive industry experience, automated processes, and a state-of-the-art facility equipped to increase high-quality throughput. The new laboratory is led by Dr. Benno Ingelse, an industry expert with more than 15 years of (bio)analytical experience. In addition, the Oss laboratory will bolster and enhance Quintiles’ end-to-end clinical trial laboratory services.
“Adding this capability in Europe is a key step for our bioanalytical business and supports the strategy to increase our participation in the substantial European bioanalytical market,” said Costa Panagos, senior vice president and global head of Global Central Laboratories at Quintiles. “This is an exciting milestone for Quintiles and specifically our laboratory business as we expand our capabilities while continuing to provide the value and high-quality service our customers require.”
Currently, Quintiles’ bioanalytical and ADME capabilities and work are managed out of three laboratory sites in the U.S. The new laboratory will be fully integrated with Quintiles’ existing laboratory in Ithaca, New York, enabling the transfer of assays back and forth to accommodate global studies. The expansion of these services via the Oss laboratory boosts the depth and breadth of expertise that Quintiles provides to its customers, and further strengthens the global footprint of Quintiles’ laboratory business.
As part of Quintiles’ bioanalytical and ADME laboratory services group, the Oss lab would become part of the recently announced clinical trials laboratory services joint venture with Quest Diagnostics. That transaction, which remains subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions, is anticipated to close in the third quarter of 2015. Until that transaction is completed, the Oss lab will continue to operate as part of Quintiles’ bioanalytical and ADME laboratory network.
“The Oss laboratory will further enhance the scale, clinical trial expertise and diverse therapeutic experience that will be a cornerstone of the proposed joint venture with Quest Diagnostics,” said Panagos, who will serve as the new joint venture’s CEO upon completion of the transaction. “The addition of the Oss laboratory is integral to the continued evolution of our laboratory business and we’re excited about the benefits it can provide as part of a globally scaled and agile business for our customers today as well as in the future.”
To learn more about Quintiles’ bioanalytical and ADME laboratory services, please visit www.quintiles.com/bioanalytical. To contact a representative about specific laboratory services or to learn more about Quintiles’ laboratories, contact email@example.com.
Quintiles (NYSE: Q) is the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 33,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries. We have helped develop or commercialize all of the top-75 best-selling drugs on the market. Quintiles applies the breadth and depth of our service offerings along with extensive therapeutic, scientific and analytics expertise to help our customers navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment as they seek to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of better healthcare outcomes. To learn more about Quintiles, please visit www.quintiles.com
Mari Mansfield, Media Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
+ 1.919.998.2639 (office) +1.919.259.3298 (mobile)
Todd Kasper, Investor Relations (InvestorRelations@quintiles.com)
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Quintiles (Group)
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (5/7/15). "Press Release: Fluidigm Appoints Steve McPhail GM of Production Genomics. Industry Veteran to Drive Growth in Dynamic Production Genomics Market". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Quintiles. (3/31/15). "Press Release: Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics to Form Joint Venture to Provide Global Clinical Trials Laboratory Services". Research Triangle Park, NC & Madison, NJ....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Quintiles. (11/7/11). "Press Release: Quintiles Completes Acquisition of Advion BioServices. Creating a Full-spectrum Lab Solution for Drug Development". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Quintiles. (10/26/11). "Press Release: Quintiles Agrees to Acquire Premier GLP Bioanalytics Laboratory. Advion BioServices’ [...]". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Advion BioSciences, Inc.. (10/26/11). "Press Release: Advion to Focus and Grow Its Systems Business Following the Sale of Advion BioServices to Quintiles". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion. (8/11/11). "Press Release: Advion Devloping H4 Method for Clopidogrel and the Inactive Metabolites". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion BioSciences, Inc.. (7/27/11). "Press Release: Advion BioServices First to Offer SISCAPA Assay Services for Biomarker Assays". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion BioSciences, Inc.. (6/28/11). "Press Release: Officials Dedicate New Advion Facility in Purdue Research Park of Indianapolis". Indianapolis, IN & Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion BioSciences, Inc.. (5/23/11). "Press Release: Advion BioServices Opens Midwest Drug Discovery and Metabolism Center of Excellence". Indianapolis, IN & Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]