Document › Details
Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (3/26/10). "Press Release: In Vitro Services Expands to Create New Department of In Vitro Sciences".
|Country||United Kingdom (GB)|
|Organisation||Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.|
|Group||Quotient Bioresearch (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||drug development services|
|Product 2||LTQ Orbitrap XL™ mass spectrometer|
|Index term||Quotient Bioscience–Thermo Fisher: mass spectrometer, 201003 supply existent LTQ Orbitrap XL at Rushden In Vitro Services Site of Quotient Bioresearch|
|Person||Webber, Guy (Quotient Bioresearch 201003 Head of In Vitro Sciences)|
In response to increased market demand, Quotient Bioresearch is doubling the capacity of its market-leading in vitro department at its Rushden, Northamptonshire site and introducing an extended range of validated in vitro services. For further information and to obtain a copy of the In Vitro Services brochure please contact us
The department has traditionally offered services focusing on high-quality, GLP-compliant in vitro metabolism and drug-drug interaction studies using microsomes and freshly isolated hepatocytes. Over the past few years the use of in vitro techniques has also expanded into other increasingly important areas of drug development such as the assessment of toxicity and drug transport. In response to this market demand, the department has expanded its services to include assessment of toxicity (cytotoxicity and hepatotoxicity) and drug transport using in vitro methods and technologies.
The expansion sees the department double its laboratory capacity from two laboratories to four, creating dedicated new areas for in vitro toxicity and in vitro transport and extended its existing in vitro metabolism capability. The expansion will also see an increase in the scientific staff level to create a team of trained and experienced scientists to staff this centre of excellence for in vitro studies.
The Department of In Vitro Sciences now offers automated liquid handling and pipetting systems to enhance ADMET screening assays as well as purpose-designed cell culture facilities with dedicated modern analytical support including UPLC-MS/MS, radio-HPLC and Thermo Scientific LTQ Orbitrap XL. The laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation to meet the demands of the business across drug development, facilitating shorter lead times and rapid turnaround.
Guy Webber, Head of In Vitro Sciences, Quotient Bioresearch said, "The use of in vitro techniques has enabled a greater understanding as to how drugs are metabolised by the body and this in turn has led to a greater accuracy in assessing and predicting drug-drug interactions. As a reflection of this, Regulatory Authorities now routinely accept in vitro data as part of the safety assessment of a new drug and only very recently (March 2010) the International Transporter Consortium published a white paper providing detailed guidance to aid decision making based upon drug transporter interactions identified using in vitro techniques."
The expansion of the Department of In Vitro Sciences at Quotient Bioresearch demonstrates how in vitro techniques are now being applied with increasing success to more than investigating just drug metabolism. One of the major advantages of using in vitro techniques is the ability to generate human metabolic data early in the development process. In vitro studies can therefore contribute greatly to reducing development time and cost.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Quotient Bioresearch (Group)
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (10/2/12). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch Investment in Bioanalytical Facility". Cambridgeshire....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (8/2/12). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch Expands Its Molecular Biology Services". Cambridgeshire....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (7/24/12). "Press Release: Quotient Announces Completion and Publication of a RapidFACT Program for Eli Lilly to Develop an Optimised Drug Product for New Pain Medication". Nottingham....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (2/2/12). "Press Release: Quotient Achieves Significant Milestones and Consolidates Its Position as a World Leader in 14C Enabled Drug Development"....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (1/23/12). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch Secures Investment for Next Phase of Growth". Cambridgeshire....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (9/19/11). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch Announces First Use of Bruker MALDI Biotyper for Bacterial Identification"....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (10/12/10). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch to Highlight Integrated Early Stage Drug Development Platforms at FIP Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress 2010". Cambridgeshire, UK....
-  Quotient BioResearch Ltd.. (9/13/10). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch Celebrates Official Opening of New State-of-the-Art Radiochemistry Facility". Cambridgeshire....
-  Scott Partnership, The. (7/8/10). "Press Release: The Scott Partnership Selected by Quotient Bioresearch to Lead Global PR Campaign". Cheshire....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (4/1/10). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch Highlights Enhanced Benefits of 14C Radiolabelled Stuides via Expert Webinar Series". Cambridgeshire....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]