Document › Details
AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (4/27/15). "Press Release: Experts in Pharma, Clinical Research, Omics, Environmental and Food Testing Meet for SCIEX’s 6th LC-MS/MS Symposium in Berlin". Darmstadt.
|Organisation||AB Sciex Germany GmbH|
|Organisation 2||University of Geneva (Université de Genève, UNIGE)|
|Product||6. Berliner LC/MS/MS Symposium 2015 (AB Sciex)|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Humpf, Hans-Ulrich (Univ Münster 201305 Professor)|
|Person 2||Eijsackers, Marco (Danaher 201504 VP Sales + Customer Support + General Manager EMEAI at AB Sciex)|
The 10th anniversary event draws record attendance as mass spectrometry increases in prominence across life science testing fields
SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, held its 6th Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium in Germany on April 14th, bringing together more than 600 experts to discuss the latest techniques across pharma, omics, clinical, environmental, water, food, and forensics applications. This year’s event, which was the 10th anniversary Berliner symposium, featured renowned international speakers covering five parallel themes, and was supported by an exhibition from a range of local and global life science companies.
Topics included new developments and capabilities in lipidomics and proteomics applications; SWATH® Acquisition analysis, drug discovery, and biomarker quantitation, using advanced technologies such as the SCIEX TripleTOF® 6600 System and SelexION™ Ion Mobility Technology. One of the lecture series focused exclusively on food analysis, due to the growing interest in this topic, which was chaired by Prof. Dr. Hans-Ulrich Humpf of the University of Münster.
"LC-MS/MS technologies have become indispensable to life science analysis, we are seeing a number of novel mass spectrometry-based methods emerging for reliable and sensitive authentication of meat and other foods," commented Prof. Dr. Hans-Ulrich Humpf. Innovative SCIEX technologies such as SWATH acquisition, the TripleTOF 6600 and QTRAP® 6500 systems, and SelexION DMS technology are contributing significantly to achieving higher data quality in various application areas.
The Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium has always included a number of talks on monitoring trace organic contaminants in various water matrices. This year, in addition to the new dedicated lecture series on environmental analysis, Prof. Dr. Andreas Fath, Furtwangen University’s ‘Swimming Professor’, presented the results of his investigation of Rhine river water, during a special event on the evening prior to the main symposium. Prof. Fath earned his nickname following his 2014 swimming marathon which he undertook to acquire samples from the entire Rhine, for analysis supported with SCIEX QTRAP technologies.
"We appreciate the great engagement of our speakers and their passion and knowledge to share insights with the Berliner Symposium participants," said Marco Eijsackers, VP Sales & Customer Support and GM EMEAI, SCIEX. "The continued success of our Berliner Symposium is a reflection of the strong collaborations we have built with our customers and our continued efforts to enable advances in Mass Spectrometry innovations that have real impact on people’s lives."
Key speakers included Prof. Dr. Gérard Hopfgartner, University of Geneva, Prof. Dr. Michael Lämmerhofer, Eberhard-Karls-Universität in Tübingen, Dr. Wolfgang Schulz, Zweckverband Landeswasserversorgung in Langenau, Prof. Dr. Thomas Hofmann, Technische Universität München, Prof. Dr. Axel Imhof, Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Prof. Dr. Renato Zenobi, ETH Zürich, Prof. Dr. Thomas Krämer, Universität Zürich, Prof. Dr. Thomas Stimpfl, Medizinische Universität Wien, and Dr. André Schreiber, Food & Environmental Global Applications Manager, SCIEX, Toronto.
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research.
With over 40 years of proven innovation, SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.sciex.com.
SCIEX social: Twitter, LinkedIn, and on Facebook.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. RUO-MKT-12-2184
AB Sciex is operating as SCIEX.
© 2015 AB Sciex. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of the AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB Sciex™ is being used under license.
Manager Global Public Relations and Brand, SCIEX
Sniper Public Relations
on Behalf of SCIEX
603-420-8828 Editorial follow-up
+44 161 817 5008
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]