Document › Details
Restek Corporation. (12/10/14). "Press Release: The Industry’s Favorite Reference Standards Packaging Just Got Better — Restek Begins Transition to GHS Labeling". Bellefonte, PA.
|Organisation 2||UN (United Nations)|
|Product||reference materials / standards (analytics/diagnostics)|
|Person||Kelley, Sean (Restek 201405 Marketing Communications Officer)|
Effective immediately, Restek will be transitioning away from NFPA* to universally recognized GHS labeling for our reference standards.
GHS, or the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals, is a set of provisions for hazard classification and communication developed by the United Nations. Its goal is to universally label products that can be opened, thus exposing users to the materials contained within, in a way that clearly identifies any potential safety concerns regardless of the user’s language, country, or background. Efforts to implement GHS labeling have begun around the globe; for the United States in particular, OSHA will require that products shipped after June 1, 2015, carry universally recognized GHS labeling to ensure safety regulation compliance.
In order to improve the safety communication included with Restek® reference standards and ensure that we can provide uninterrupted service to our customers, Restek has already started phasing out our use of NFPA labeling. During the transition, Restek customers may receive a mix of GHS- and NFPA-labeled reference standards, but our entire reference standard inventory will be converted to GHS labeling well in advance of the June 1, 2015 deadline. In the near future, we will also begin transitioning our wool, bulk packings for GC and LC columns, and other products to GHS labeling.
Restek has extensively studied the GHS system and OSHA’s requirements for using it to help our customers not only convert their own inventories properly, but also do so ahead of schedule. This change will not affect product composition or quality in any way; it is merely a change in labeling practices. Our goal is to make the transition to GHS labeling compliance as seamless as possible. Our new convenient GHS labels are bar coded with both catalog and lot number, and they are also removable for easy transfer of standard information into lab notebooks.
The conversion to GHS may seem like a challenge to many labs, but relying on Restek’s safety compliance experts and using our reference standards is one way to make the transition easier.
If you have any questions about GHS labeling for Restek® reference standards, contact Jason Fisher at 1-814-353-1300, ext. 2409, or email@example.com
* Hazard labeling that follows NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) 704 standards is best known for the use of 4 colored diamonds, each most often containing a numeric code.
About Restek Corporation
Restek is a global chromatography company that is 100% employee-owned. It supplies laboratories worldwide with innovative and dependable columns and supplies for analyzing air, water, blood, foods, drugs, gases, and many other chemical analyses.
# # #
Marketing Communications Coordinator
Restek Corporation 110 Benner Circle, Bellefonte, PA 16823
Phone: 800-356-1688 ext. 2340 • Fax: 814-353-1796 • e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Restek (Group)
-  Restek Corporation. (10/3/16). "Press Release: New Pro EZGC Chromatogram Modeler Propels Method Development Forward". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (6/3/16). "Press Release: High-Performing SPME Fibers Now Available from Restek". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (5/20/16). "Press Release: Restek Offers First and Only Complete CRMs for EPA Method 525.3". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (4/28/16). "Press Release: SilTite µ-Union Connectors Stay Connected Under Pressure". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (4/27/16). "Press Release: Trident LC Column Protection System Redesigned for Ruggedness and Ease of Use". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (4/5/16). "Press Release: Electronic Maintenance Indicators for Gas Filters". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (3/25/16). "Press Release: New EU 15+1 PAH Standard Offers High Stability and Dilution Flexibility". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (12/21/15). "Press Release: New Raptor FluoroPhenyl Phase – the Power of HILIC and RP Modes in One LC Column". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (12/2/15). "Press Release: New Roc HPLC Columns from Restek – the Reliable Cornerstone for Your LC Lab". Bellefonte, PA....
-  Restek Corporation. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Try the New Vial Selection Tool from Restek". Bellefonte, PA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]