Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/25/11). "Press Release: Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry". San José, CA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bremen) GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||BrainMet Competence Centre at Forschungszentrum Jülich|
|Group||Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft (HGF) (Group)|
|Product||ICP mass spectrometer (ICP-MS)|
|Product 2||chemistry (science)|
|Index term 2||Helmholtz–Thermo Fisher: mass spectrometer, 201004 supply XSERIES 2 ICP-MS at BrainMet Centre + collaboration dementia research|
|Person||Becker, Sabine (Helmholtz 200912– Head BrainMet Competence Centre)|
|Person 2||Rottmann, Lothar (Thermo 201204 Product Manager ICPMS/GDMS before Global Support Manager Inorganic Mass Spectrometry)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the winner of the 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry, Dr. J. Sabine Becker, head of Trace and UltraTrace Analysis, Central Division of Analytical Chemistry at the Research Center Juelich, Germany. The award, which honors scientists who have made the most noteworthy contributions to the field of plasma spectrochemistry, is sponsored by Thermo Fisher. Thermo Fisher will present the award and a check for $5,000 to Dr. Becker during the 2012 Winter Conference on Plasma Spectrochemistry to be held in Tucson, Ariz. January 9- 4, 2012.
Dr. Becker's distinguished career in analytical chemistry has focused on long-lived radionuclides, ultratrace and high-purity materials analysis, isotope ratio measurements, and micro and nanolocal elemental and trace analyses. Recently she established BrainMet, an Analytical Center of Excellence at the Research Centre Juelich for brain research imaging. Based on laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICP-MS), BrainMet has introduced novel imaging techniques for metals, metalloids and non-metals in biological tissues. The approach provides quantitative mapping of essential and toxic elements in thin sections of diseased and healthy medical and biological tissue sections.
"As the leader in plasma spectrochemistry instrumentation, Thermo Fisher is pleased to sponsor an industry award that brings together the major figures in this field," said Lothar Rottmann, global support manager, inorganic mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher. "The Winter Conference award complements our objectives for advancement and innovation, and we look forward to honoring Dr. Becker for her remarkable achievements in this field."
The Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry, established in 2009, is sponsored by Thermo Fisher to recognize scientists who have made noteworthy contributions over time or through a single, significant breakthrough. The award acknowledges achievements in conceptualization and development of novel instrumentation as well as the elucidation of fundamental events or processes involved in plasma spectrochemistry. Winners include authors of significant research papers or books that influence new advancements or pioneers of outstanding new applications that benefit the field of plasma spectrochemistry.
The Winter Conference on Plasma Spectrochemistry brings together international scientists experienced in applications, instrumentation and theory in an informal setting to examine recent progress in the field. The 2012 conference will feature developments in plasma spectrochemical analysis by inductively coupled plasma (ICP), dc plasma (DCP), microwave plasma (MIP), glow discharge (GDL, HCL) and laser sources.
Entry is now open for the next Winter Plasma Award in 2014 and Thermo Fisher invites scientists worldwide to submit their applications. Candidates should send their application with CV to email@example.com by December 31 2012. The award is judged by an independent award committee consisting of seven internationally recognized spectrochemical experts, including the previous award recipient. For further information, details, terms and conditions, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/wpcaward.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of nearly $11 billion, we have approximately 37,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
+44 1477 539539
+1 (408) 965-6022
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/8/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Affymetrix. Strengthens Leadership in Biosciences and Genetic Analysis". Waltham, MA & Santa Clara, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/29/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/21/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Receives FDA Clearance for New Allergen Component Tests for Hazelnut, Walnut and Cashew Nut IgE Sensitization". Portage, MI....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (12/14/15). "Press Release: New Innovations at AGU 2015 Extend the Boundaries of Isotope Analysis for Geosciences Research". San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/30/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/13/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Euro-Denominated Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/12/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Authorizes $1 Billion of Share Repurchases and Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/9/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Collaborates on Diagnostic Test to Significantly Improve Prostate Cancer Screening". Waltham, MA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/5/15). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Signs Instrument Control Exchange Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/4/15). "Press Release: Singapore General Hospital and Thermo Fisher Scientific Collaborate to Identify the Prevalence of Asian-specific Genetic Mutations in Cancer"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]