Document › Details
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/24/06). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and GeneBio Sign North American Reseller Agreement". San José, CA & Geneva.
Sage-N Research, Inc. (Sage-N) and Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) SA today announced a collaborative agreement enabling Sage-N to distribute GeneBio's Phenyx platform together with Sage-N's Sorcerer(TM) 2 IDA (Integrated Data Appliance) and as a standalone product as well.
Under the terms of the agreement, Sage-N will sell Phenyx worldwide as a pre-installed software option on the Sorcerer IDA. Sorcerer is a compact analysis system that allows researchers to submit analysis jobs for both Phenyx and the Sorcerer version of SEQUEST® using a simple Web interface for complete support of mass spectrometry data from both ion traps and quadrupole time-of-flight (Q-TOF) instruments. Sage-N also becomes an authorized North America reseller of Phenyx as a stand-alone software package. Developed by GeneBio in collaboration with the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) and incorporating the true probabilistic and flexible scoring system OLAV, Phenyx is specifically designed to meet the concurrent demands of high-throughput mass spectrometry data analysis and dynamic high quality results assessment.
"We see Phenyx as a new generation in search algorithmics for MS-based proteomics and highly value its instrument customization capabilities," said David Chiang, CEO of Sage-N Research. "Phenyx is extremely complementary to the SEQUEST module we already provide on Sorcerer; its addition will allow users to view results in parallel from the two systems, thus increasing the probability of accurate results."
"Sorcerer's strength is as a powerful, ready to use appliance for proteomics," observed Nasri Nahas, CEO of GeneBio. "Offering Phenyx on this platform is an enabling step for proteomics researchers who want a choice of tools that get the most information possible from the MS and MS-MS data, from whatever source. We believe this to be the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship and look forward to bringing our shared excellence to the North American market."
Sage-N and GeneBio will launch a bundled product at the upcoming ASMS conference in Seattle. Available through Sage-N, the bundled product will be available at a favorable price compared to the individual products and will be conveniently pre-installed. The two companies plan to extend the integration of their technologies over time, including integrated workflows using multiple algorithms, and an accelerated version of Phenyx using Sorcerer's Pattern Match Accelerator(TM) technology.
About Sage-N Research, Inc.
Sage-N Research, Inc. is a privately held corporation headquartered in San Jose, California and incorporated in the state of Delaware. Sage-N Research is an industry leader in developing high-throughput, easy-to-use integrated data appliances, including the Sequest Sorcerer protein identification system. The company has developed proprietary technology based on novel software methods and hardware-optimized pattern matching algorithms. Through strategic collaborations with leading scientists, Sage-N Research advances the state of the art in ease-of-use, applications, and technology to enable world-changing discoveries in biology and medicine. For more information, please visit http://www.SageNResearch.com.
Founded in 1997, GeneBio is a multifaceted bioinformatics company situated at the heart of the Lake Geneva Region, one of the world's major proteomics centres of excellence. Based on expertise in the proteomics and bioinformatics fields, GeneBio offers original educational and knowledge-discovery solutions that help clients shape heterogeneous information into relevant biological knowledge. For more information about GeneBio, please visit: www.genebio.com.
Sorcere(TM) and Pattern Match Accelerator(TM) are trademarks of Sage-N Research, Inc. Phenyx is a trademark of Geneva Bioinformatics SA. SEQUEST® is a registered trademark of the University of Washington.
Sage-N Research, Inc. contact:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Sage-N Research Inc.
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Announcing First Cloud-based Sorcerer for Precision Proteomics". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Announces Enhancement to Sorcerer Platform". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (7/23/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Platform Implemented by the University of Hyderabad in India for Cutting Edge Agricultural Research". Silicon Valley, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, LEAP Technologies, Sage-N Research, and Valco Instruments Announce Plans to Co-develop Next Generation Sample Preparation/Data Analysis for H/D Exchange Mass Spectrometry". Sout...
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Pressure BioSciences to Collaborate on Improving the Extraction and Analysis of Integral Cell Membrane and Other Proteins in Cancer, Stroke, and other Important Research Samples"....
-  IO Informatics, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IO Informatics and Sage-N Research Announce Partnership to Discover Potential Biomarkers and a Microbial Detection System". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (6/2/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Signs an Exclusive Agreement with the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center to License Technology for Microbial Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (5/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Sorcerer Platform Implemented by the University at Buffalo for Reliable and Simple Protein Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (4/26/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Releases New Developer Toolkit that Facilitates Integration of Sorcerer Platform with Independent Software Suites". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (2/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Nonlinear Dynamics Sign Co-marketing Agreement to Provide Complete Workflow Solutions to High End Proteomic Labs". Milpitas, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]