Document › Details
Sage-N Research, Inc.. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Announcing First Cloud-based Sorcerer for Precision Proteomics". Milpitas, CA.
|Organisation||Sage-N Research Inc.|
|Product||Sorcerer Storm™ cloud-based proteomic data appliance|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Chiang, David (Sage-N Research 2002–201010– CEO + Co-founder)|
Sage-N Research, Inc. announces immediate availability of the SORCERER Storm™, a cloud-based virtual turnkey system for precision proteomics. Unlike other cloud or PC offerings, this is the first low-cost platform designed specifically for reproducible, hypothesis-driven research of low-abundance, modified peptides and proteins, which are critical in clinical and high-value research.
High-accuracy tandem mass spectrometry makes precision proteomics possible in theory. However, traditional analytics relies on complex mathematical models, which reduces computing time at the expense of precision. Worse, complexity prevents researchers from interpreting their own data, which bred irreproducible and insensitive research.
In contrast, the patent-pending SorcererScore™ technology in SORCERER Storm uses simple models with optimized search architecture that retains precision while minimizing computing requirements. Importantly, it is designed to put control of data analysis back to the lab's PIs and bioinformaticians. All key analytics is built with transparent scripts (Linux, R) that allows researchers to understand and customize sample scripts for peptide identification and quantitation.
For the first time, SORCERER Storm allows different labs large and small to easily collaborate on, build, visualize, and test performance algorithms without being limited to PCs. The powerful Linux-based platform allows single-line commands to quickly and easily sort, manipulate, and visualizing terabyte-sized text files for data-mining content-rich mass search results. Labs developing algorithms run by other labs can now use "big data" techniques without being restricted to PCs.
"Precision proteomics solves the reproducibility challenge to revolutionize molecular biology research," said David Chiang, Founder and Chairman of Sage-N Research, Inc. "SORCERER Storm will accelerate the research revolution with its low price point and simplified collaboration for 'big data' algorithms."
A lab can sign up to rent a virtual system with a credit card, pay only for resources used, and keep an idled system for as long as desired. When done, the virtual system is destroyed with unused funds returned.
For product information:
About Sage-N Research, Inc.
Sage-N Research, Inc. is the world leader in supplying high accuracy data analytics for proteomics research. Some of the world's leading proteomics laboratories use Sage-N Research appliances to fully characterize proteins in complex biological samples. Through strategic collaborations with leading scientists and companies, Sage-N Research advances the state of the art in ease-of-use, applications, and technology to enable world-changing discoveries in biology and medicine. The company was founded in 2002, and is a privately held corporation headquartered in Silicon Valley.
To learn more about this product announcement, please contact:
408-841-7185, ext. 34
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for Sage-N Research Inc.
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Announces Enhancement to Sorcerer Platform". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (7/23/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Platform Implemented by the University of Hyderabad in India for Cutting Edge Agricultural Research". Silicon Valley, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, LEAP Technologies, Sage-N Research, and Valco Instruments Announce Plans to Co-develop Next Generation Sample Preparation/Data Analysis for H/D Exchange Mass Spectrometry". Sout...
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Pressure BioSciences to Collaborate on Improving the Extraction and Analysis of Integral Cell Membrane and Other Proteins in Cancer, Stroke, and other Important Research Samples"....
-  IO Informatics, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IO Informatics and Sage-N Research Announce Partnership to Discover Potential Biomarkers and a Microbial Detection System". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (6/2/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Signs an Exclusive Agreement with the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center to License Technology for Microbial Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (5/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Sorcerer Platform Implemented by the University at Buffalo for Reliable and Simple Protein Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (4/26/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Releases New Developer Toolkit that Facilitates Integration of Sorcerer Platform with Independent Software Suites". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (2/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Nonlinear Dynamics Sign Co-marketing Agreement to Provide Complete Workflow Solutions to High End Proteomic Labs". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (11/12/10). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Optimizes Data Generation for the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute". Milpitas, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]