Document › Details
Sage-N Research, Inc.. (4/26/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Releases New Developer Toolkit that Facilitates Integration of Sorcerer Platform with Independent Software Suites". Milpitas, CA.
|Organisation||Sage-N Research Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Scripps Research Institute, The (TSRI)|
|Product||Sorcerer™ proteomic data appliance|
|Product 2||SEQUEST 3G search engine|
|Person||Yates, John R, III (Scripps Research)|
|Person 2||Candlin, James (Sage-N Research 201104 VP Proteomics Solutions)|
Sage-N Research, Inc., the world leader in computational proteomics announced today a new API toolkit for developers of proteomics data analysis software. The toolkit will enable software developers to add the power and sensitivity of SORCERER analyses to their existing software packages, expanding the utility of the SORCERER platform for high-throughput proteomics laboratories.
The SORCERER is a customized platform that can be used by researchers studying , diseases like cancer and stem cell research. It combines SORCERER Enterprise 4.0 software with a range of additional post-processing tools such as ETD analysis, ASCORE, MUSE and CENSUS. A key feature of the SORCERER platform is SEQUEST 3G that was developed in partnership with Professor John R. Yates III of the Scripps Research. The API toolkit allows other applications, either running on the SORCERER platform or accessing it across the network from another computer, to specify and submit SEQUEST 3G searches, to track and control submitted searches and to retrieve hits and scores. SEQUEST 3G is Sage-N Research's next-generation evolution of the original SEQUEST algorithm for MS-MS protein identification, with enhanced sensitivity for PTM analysis.
The new toolkit comprises:
* a web service API ("Application Programming Interface") based on XML data formats and accessible across a network
* a cross-platform Client Library to access the API on Windows®, Linux® and other operating systems
* a Developer's Toolkit including test beds, documentation and other resources
"Productivity in today's proteomic labs demands a set of tools which can be integrated together, which can understand each other's data formats and which can deal efficiently and automatically with ever-increasing volumes of data," says James Candlin, V.P. of Proteomics Solutions at Sage-N Research. "With SORCERER's modular architecture and with standards-based, OS-neutral interfaces as embodied in our new API, we are developing SORCERER into a versatile, powerful platform to meet that productivity need."
The toolkit has been designed and built in collaboration with Sage-N Research's partners and is available immediately for application integration. Following the initial roll-out to partners, it will be made available to other third party application developers by arrangement, and it will also be included in the SORCERER platform itself for customers to use in their own workflows.
For more information about Sage-N Research, Inc. and its easy-to-use proteomic data analysis solutions including its SEQUEST 3G and SORCERER platform, please visit www.sagenresearch.com or e-mail info@SageNResearch.com
SORCERER is a trademark of Sage-N Research, Inc. SEQUEST is a registered trademark of the University of Washington. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
About Sage-N Research, Inc.
Sage-N Research, Inc. is the world leader in supplying Integrated Data Appliances (IDAs) for proteomics research. The industry-leading SORCERER IDAs are plug-and-play productivity systems used by leading life science researchers worldwide to rapidly and accurately identify proteins and protein modifications in biological samples using mass spectrometry data. Founded in 2002, the company is a privately held corporation headquartered in San Jose, California in the heart of Silicon Valley. Through strategic collaborations with leading scientists and companies, Sage-N Research advances the state of the art in ease-of-use, applications, and technology to enable world-changing discoveries in biology and medicine. For more information, please visit www.SageNResearch.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Sage-N Research Inc.
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Announcing First Cloud-based Sorcerer for Precision Proteomics". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Announces Enhancement to Sorcerer Platform". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (7/23/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Platform Implemented by the University of Hyderabad in India for Cutting Edge Agricultural Research". Silicon Valley, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, LEAP Technologies, Sage-N Research, and Valco Instruments Announce Plans to Co-develop Next Generation Sample Preparation/Data Analysis for H/D Exchange Mass Spectrometry". Sout...
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Pressure BioSciences to Collaborate on Improving the Extraction and Analysis of Integral Cell Membrane and Other Proteins in Cancer, Stroke, and other Important Research Samples"....
-  IO Informatics, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IO Informatics and Sage-N Research Announce Partnership to Discover Potential Biomarkers and a Microbial Detection System". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (6/2/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Signs an Exclusive Agreement with the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center to License Technology for Microbial Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (5/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Sorcerer Platform Implemented by the University at Buffalo for Reliable and Simple Protein Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (2/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Nonlinear Dynamics Sign Co-marketing Agreement to Provide Complete Workflow Solutions to High End Proteomic Labs". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (11/12/10). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Optimizes Data Generation for the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute". Milpitas, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]