Document › Details
Sage-N Research, Inc.. (5/14/07). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Gains Rights to Sell Sequest Proteomic Search Engine". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Sage-N Research Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||SEQUEST® search engine|
|Product 2||Sorcerer™ proteomic data appliance|
|Index term||Sage-N Research–Thermo Fisher: SEQUEST search engine, 200705– sub-license ww to develop + sell products using SEQUEST technology|
|Person||Yates, John R, III (Scripps Research)|
Sage-N Research, Inc. (Sage-N) has been granted a sublicense from Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (Thermo) to sell SEQUEST® search engine products worldwide. The agreement provides for Sage-N to develop and sell products using the patented proteomic search engine technology. Sage-N becomes the first company to join Thermo as the only companies licensed by the University of Washington to commercialize their SEQUEST technology, which embodies intellectual property described in US Patent 5538897 covering all proteomic search engines.
Researchers who use mass spectrometry in cancer research and drug discovery will benefit from new SEQUEST-based products resulting from this agreement. They routinely identify proteins and protein modifications that interact with known molecular targets in blood and tissue samples. The proteins of interest are often phosphorylated or otherwise modified and of low abundance. SEQUEST is renowned for sensitivity in identifying modified proteins of low abundance, even from spectral data of poor quality.
"Proteomics technology holds great promise to uncover medical breakthroughs at the molecular level," said Dr. John R. Yates, III, professor at the Scripps Research Institute (La Jolla, California) and primary inventor of the SEQUEST technology. "The participation of an innovative company such as Sage-N Research will help drive the promise to reality."
Sage-N uses SEQUEST technology as an embedded component within plug and play productivity solutions. The popular Sorcerer™ integrated data appliance (IDA) systems are turnkey "analysis instruments" incorporating a proprietary version of SEQUEST integrated within a robust, high throughput, and automated workflow. They are the only high throughput SEQUEST solutions that can be set up in minutes, require little or no computer maintenance, and can search gigabytes of "raw" mass spectrometry files per hour. Core proteomics facilities benefit from the automation and easy sharing of results with clients. Advanced research laboratories can quickly ramp up a high throughput workflow, all the way through to validated results, with data analysis that is optimized for sensitive, high accuracy mass spectrometry.
The Sage-N proprietary SORCERER-SEQUEST™ search engine has been re-designed from the ground up to use the latest software and computer hardware technologies that emerged since the original SEQUEST software was developed. It includes several patent-pending innovations, including searching variable modifications on the fly with indexed databases, and it is the first SEQUEST implementation designed to run on multi-core CPUs. SORCERER-SEQUEST is optimized for Orbitrap mass spectrometers with an isotope search mode, and with automated reversed peptide generation for decoy database strategies that accurately estimate False Positive rates while maximizing sensitivity.
Future products are planned to incorporate application-optimized versions of the base SEQUEST technology in focus areas such as biomarker discovery for drug efficacy and safety, phosphorylation site localization for cancer research, and real-time protein identification within the mass spectrometer. Sage-N invites interested corporate and academic researchers to contact Sage-N directly for opportunities to co-develop leadership products and services.
About Sage-N Research Inc.
Sage-N Research, Inc. is the world leader in supplying Integrated Data Appliances (IDAs) for proteomics research. The industry-leading Sorcerer IDAs are plug-and-play productivity systems used by leading life science researchers worldwide to rapidly and accurately identify proteins and protein modifications in biological samples using mass spectrometry data. Founded in 2002, the company is a privately held corporation headquartered in San Jose, California in the heart of Silicon Valley. Through strategic collaborations with leading scientists and companies, Sage-N Research advances the state of the art in ease-of-use, applications, and technology to enable world-changing discoveries in biology and medicine. For more information, please visit http://www.SageNResearch.com.
Sorcerer™ is a trademark of Sage-N Research, Inc. SEQUEST® is a registered trademark of the University of Washington.
Sage-N Research, Inc.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Sage-N Research Inc.
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Announcing First Cloud-based Sorcerer for Precision Proteomics". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Announces Enhancement to Sorcerer Platform". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (7/23/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Platform Implemented by the University of Hyderabad in India for Cutting Edge Agricultural Research". Silicon Valley, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, LEAP Technologies, Sage-N Research, and Valco Instruments Announce Plans to Co-develop Next Generation Sample Preparation/Data Analysis for H/D Exchange Mass Spectrometry". Sout...
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Pressure BioSciences to Collaborate on Improving the Extraction and Analysis of Integral Cell Membrane and Other Proteins in Cancer, Stroke, and other Important Research Samples"....
-  IO Informatics, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IO Informatics and Sage-N Research Announce Partnership to Discover Potential Biomarkers and a Microbial Detection System". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (6/2/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Signs an Exclusive Agreement with the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center to License Technology for Microbial Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (5/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Sorcerer Platform Implemented by the University at Buffalo for Reliable and Simple Protein Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (4/26/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Releases New Developer Toolkit that Facilitates Integration of Sorcerer Platform with Independent Software Suites". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (2/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Nonlinear Dynamics Sign Co-marketing Agreement to Provide Complete Workflow Solutions to High End Proteomic Labs". Milpitas, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]