Document › Details
Sage-N Research, Inc.. (11/12/10). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Optimizes Data Generation for the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute". Milpitas, CA.
|Region||La Jolla, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Sage-N Research Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute (SBMRI), Proteomics Facility|
|Group||Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute (SBMRI)|
|Product||Sorcerer™ proteomic data appliance|
|Product 2||LC/MS/MS system|
|Index term||Sanford-Burnham–Sage-N Research: proteomics s/w, 201011 supply implementation Sorcerer Enterprise proteomics platform at SBMRI Proteomics Facility|
|Person||Brill, Laurence (Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute 201011 Proteomics Facility Director Advanced Proteomics)|
Sage-N Research Inc. (Sage-N), the world leader in computational proteomics, today announced that The Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute (SBMRI), a private, non-profit based research institute dedicated to finding cures for human disease, has implemented the Sage-N SORCERER Enterprise proteomics platform. The company will use the system to enhance the speed of data searches and increase data generation for its proteomics projects which range from the identification of proteins in gel bands to quantitative total proteome and total phosphoproteome analyses.
SBMRI's Proteomics Facility offers liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) based proteomics services to support the Institute's researchers. Over recent years the facility has used a variety of search engines to undertake database searches and has recently chosen to implement the Sage-N Sorcerer Enterprise platform for its large-scale analyses. The facility selected the platform for its ability to offer increased accuracy and throughput while also being able to run the most rigorous algorithms needed for successful pathway proteomic studies. In addition, the SOCERER Enterprise is convenient and easy-to-use and enables researchers to conduct validation of search data in Trans-Proteomic Pipeline (TPP) format which significantly improves the facility's analyses.
Since implementing the SORCERER Enterprise platform, the SBMRI Proteomics Facility has been provided with enhanced search speeds, increased accuracy of analyses and the ability to export data in several formats. The Facility also benefits from the improved identification of peptides, including phosphopeptides, following the development of new algorithms. In addition, using a decision tree MS/MS method, the platform's VersaSearch™ software provides high quality results on these data files, which contain both collision-induced dissociation (CID) and electron transfer dissociation (ETD) spectra. The proteomics facility's team has been provided with full aftercare support as well as the opportunity to collaborate with Sage-N's personnel to develop improved tools for the platform.
Dr. Laurence Brill, Director, Advanced Proteomics, SBMRI Proteomics Facility, says: "The SORCERER Enterprise is the engine of choice for our database searches and has made post-processing within the Facility easy, fast and reliable. The support we have received from Sage-N following the implementation has been invaluable and we are very excited by the results that the team has assisted us to achieve."
For more information about Sage-N Research, Inc. and the SOCERER 2 platform please visit www.SageNResearch.com or e-mail info@SageNResearch.com
About Sage-N Research, Inc.
Sage-N Research, Inc. is the world leader in supplying Integrated Data Appliances (IDAs) for proteomics research. The industry-leading SORCERER IDAs are plug-and-play productivity systems used by leading life science researchers worldwide to rapidly and accurately identify proteins and protein modifications in biological samples using mass spectrometry data. Founded in 2002, the company is a privately held corporation headquartered in Milpitas, California in the heart of Silicon Valley. Through strategic collaborations with leading scientists and companies, Sage-N Research advances the state of the art in ease-of-use, applications, and technology to enable world-changing discoveries in biology and medicine. For more information, please visit www.SageNResearch.com.
For further press information please contact: Laura Browne, The Scott Partnership, 1, Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, CW4 8AA, United Kingdom Tel: + 44 1477 539539 Fax: +44 1477 539540 email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Sage-N Research Inc.
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Announcing First Cloud-based Sorcerer for Precision Proteomics". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Announces Enhancement to Sorcerer Platform". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (7/23/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Platform Implemented by the University of Hyderabad in India for Cutting Edge Agricultural Research". Silicon Valley, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, LEAP Technologies, Sage-N Research, and Valco Instruments Announce Plans to Co-develop Next Generation Sample Preparation/Data Analysis for H/D Exchange Mass Spectrometry". Sout...
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Pressure BioSciences to Collaborate on Improving the Extraction and Analysis of Integral Cell Membrane and Other Proteins in Cancer, Stroke, and other Important Research Samples"....
-  IO Informatics, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IO Informatics and Sage-N Research Announce Partnership to Discover Potential Biomarkers and a Microbial Detection System". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (6/2/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Signs an Exclusive Agreement with the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center to License Technology for Microbial Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (5/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Sorcerer Platform Implemented by the University at Buffalo for Reliable and Simple Protein Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (4/26/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Releases New Developer Toolkit that Facilitates Integration of Sorcerer Platform with Independent Software Suites". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (2/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Nonlinear Dynamics Sign Co-marketing Agreement to Provide Complete Workflow Solutions to High End Proteomic Labs". Milpitas, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]