Document › Details
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/19/16). "Press Release: Schwabe Pharmaceuticals Selects ACD/Labs for Analytical Data Handling and Knowledge Management". Toronto, ON.
|Organisation||Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)|
|Group||Advanced Chemistry Development (ACD/Labs) (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Dr. Willmar Schwabe Pharmaceuticals GmbH & Co. KG|
|Group||Schwabe Pharmaceuticals (Group)|
|Product||ACD/Spectrus analytical chemistry software platform|
|Index term||Schwabe Pharmaceuticals–ACD/Labs: cheminformatics, 201610– supply deployment of ACD/Spectrus platform by Willmar Schwabe Pharmaceuticals|
|Person||Cimpan, Gabriela (ACD/Labs 201605 Director of Sales Europe)|
Deployment of ACD/Spectrus software provides an efficient, common software environment for data processing and analysis, helping scientists leverage analytical knowledge.
ACD/Labs, an informatics company that develops and commercializes solutions in support of R&D, today announced that Willmar Schwabe Pharmaceuticals, a leading phytopharmaceuticals company, selected software on the ACD/Spectrus Platform to aid spectroscopic identification and characterization of natural products in addition to managing their analytical knowledge.
Schwabe scientists in Karlsruhe, Germany will be using an array of tools—ACD/NMR Workbook Suite, ACD/MS Workbook Suite, ACD/ChemAnalytical Workbook, ACD/NMR Predictors, and ACD/MS Fragmenter—to help interpret HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, and NMR data from various instruments in the vendor-agnostic Spectrus environment.
"ACD/Labs' software allows us to manage our analytical work with the great ability to solve structures of natural products often without isolation directly from plant extracts and also to create a database of our work, which is a huge increase in productivity for our team," says Dr. Zarko Kulic, scientist in the Phytochemical section of the Preclinical Research Department at Schwabe Pharmaceuticals. "In addition to solving structures from scratch, we often come across ubiquitous natural products in different plants, so having access to a reference database of fully interpreted analytical data means we don't have to solve the same structure multiple times. Quick identification of known compounds allows us to concentrate on investigating the unknowns. [With Spectrus-DB] we can combine our data and simplify our workflow, enabling easy, centralized access to information for data mining."
"In the last few years we have noticed increased awareness surrounding the need for analytical knowledge management. Companies realize that their current systems just don't handle analytical information in a suitable manner, so they come to us," says Gabriela Cimpan, Senior Director of Sales at ACD/Labs. "ACD/Spectrus is designed to handle the complexity of relationships between analytical techniques and molecular structures in a chemically-relevant way. It is extremely rewarding to see our partners increase efficiency and get real, repeated value from their investments in analytical data generation."
Schwabe's initial search for a solution to manage its analytical work was motivated by the organization's desire to preserve the knowledge generated internally. Now with ACD/Spectrus deployed network-wide, scientists can easily access the data from a centralized, internal location.
About Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc.
ACD/Labs is an informatics company that develops and commercializes solutions in support of R&D. Our software is used in many industries including pharma/biotech, chemicals, consumer goods, agrochemicals, petrochemicals, food and beverage, academia, and government organizations. We provide integration with existing informatics systems and enterprise-level automation; with sales and support offices worldwide. For more information, please visit www.acdlabs.com. Follow us on Twitter @ACDLabs.
About Dr. Willmar Schwabe Pharmaceuticals GmbH & Co. KG
Dr. Willmar Schwabe Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in the development and production of herbal drugs. The Schwabe Group has approx. 3,700 employees and is active with affiliates or partners on all five continents; headquarters are based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
P: (416) 368-3435
F: (416) 368-5596
Record changed: 2016-12-23
More documents for Advanced Chemistry Development (ACD/Labs) (Group)
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/6/17). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces New Product for Managing Impurity Profile Information at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (11/30/16). "Press Release: Boehringer Ingelheim Selects ACD/Labs for International Deployment". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/12/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Updates to Its Informatics Software". Toronto....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (8/23/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Integration of ACD/ChemSketch with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Publicly Accessible Chemistry Dashboard". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (8/18/16). "Press Release: Structure Elucidation Software Review in Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry. A New Tutorial for Structure Elucidation Education". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/6/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Launches MetaSense Platform for Comprehensive and Rapid Metabolite Identification at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference". San Antonio, TX....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (12/14/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Andrew Anderson as Vice President of Business Development". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/9/15). "Press Release: Indian Business Groups Honor ACD/Labs’ KK Bhagchandani". Bangalore....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/22/15). "Press Release: The Institute of Cancer Research Deploys ACD/Spectrus Processor to Manage and Streamline Processing of Analytical Data". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/8/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs and IDBS Partnership Delivers Live Analytical Data to ELN Interface". Toronto, ON & London....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]