Document › Details
Advion, Inc.. (6/28/12). "Press Release: Advion Enlarges Distributor Network, Appointing Scientifix Pty Ltd as Exclusive Australian Distributor of Its Compact Mass Spectrometer and Ion Sources". Ithaca, NY.
Advion, Inc. a leading life sciences Systems and Consumables developer, continues to expand its global coverage and appoints Scientifix Pty Ltd as the exclusive Australian distributor for the expression, a Compact Mass Spectrometer (CMS) approximately half the size, and half the price, of existing single quadrupole mass spectrometers on the market. The newly-released CMS has recently been introduced to the market in Australia with visits to leading Pharma and academic/government research sites - with great interest and end user orders are already received and being delivered. Scientifix will also represent Advion for its broadening Ion Source range, including the popular TriVersa NanoMate, and the newly released Chip-Mate.
The expression CMS is designed for the discovery research and process development synthetic organic chemistry market. Compact enough to operate in fume hoods and space-restricted laboratories, chemists now have direct access to identify, monitor and confirm compounds rapidly as they are created in the reactor. Moreover, the personal single quadrupole mass spectrometer allows for rapid compound confirmation of normal phase chromatography fractions.
Traditionally, chemists initiate a multi-hour reaction and periodically withdraw samples for analysis in an open access mass spectrometry lab. The remote analysis can take hours, decreasing the usefulness of the information and building workflow inefficiencies. Additionally, large numbers of normal phase purification fractions are generated and add to the central lab burden, further slowing vital feedback. Available systems are too complex, costly, large and lacked design elements to be used in a hood next to the reaction. The expression CMS is easy to use with an intuitive software package. The combination of a small footprint (< 11 inches wide) and critical design features which permit operation within a fume hood, or next to existing bench instrumentation, conserve valuable laboratory space.
"We are very pleased to welcome Scientifix to our growing global network of distributors. This is a very experienced, technically gifted and supportive partner - and they have uncommon skills in both the synthetic chemistry and biochemistry. We could not be more fortunate to have this company on our team," says David B. Patteson, Advion's CEO.
"Scientifix are pleased to be involved with Advion who are already established as one of the innovators of mass spectrometry. Adding the mass spectrometry range to the products already represented by Scientifix strengthens our links with researchers in many areas of organic synthesis, proteomics and analytical chemistry. Furthermore the customer focused business model adopted by Scientifix assures researchers of competent and ethical support for these exciting products," says Ken Baker, the Laboratory Products Specialist for Scientifix Pty Ltd.
About Advion, Inc.
Advion develops, manufactures and globally supports mass spectrometers, chip-based ion sources, microfluidic flow chemistry systems and consumables for life science and related industries. We seek to enhance analysis performance and workflows. Using our deep scientific and engineering knowledge of mass spectrometry and microfludics, we leverage our passionate employees' commitment to create quality, flexible and fit-for-purpose solutions. More about Advion, Inc. can be found on their website, www.advion.com.
About Scientifix Pty Ltd
Scientifix Pty Ltd is a specialist supplier to the scientific research community offering reagents and consumables for nucleic acid and genomic researchers as well as specialty instrumentation for life science and general analytical laboratories. Scientifix manufacture a wide range of centrifuges and spectrophotometers as well as representing specialist suppliers of high tech instrumentation. More details can be found at www.scientifix.com.
For Advion, Inc.
Manager of Corporate Marketing Communications
Laboratory Products Specialist
Scientifix Pty Ltd
Telephone: +61 03 8540 5900
Freecall in Australia 1800 007 900
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]