Document › Details
AB Sciex. (11/14/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex Acquires Labindia’s Mass Spectrometry Division to Broaden Presence in India. Global Leader Goes Direct to India’s Scientific Community with Highly Successful Sales, Service and Support Team". Delhi.
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced that it has acquired the mass spectrometry business of Labindia Instruments Pvt. Ltd., a leading life science solutions service provider in India. This acquisition represents AB SCIEX's increasing investment in India, combining its global resources, world-class scientific expertise and product development leadership with well-established, local expertise and on-site support to advance science and respond to the growing needs of India's scientific community.
Labindia's mass spectrometry business has been serving Indian users of AB SCIEX instrumentation for the past 15 years. The transition of this business, including customer relationships, personnel and application support facilities, to AB SCIEX is a direct result of the successful track record that AB SCIEX and Labindia have had as partners in India. AB SCIEX's expansion of its commercial operations in India is expected to create new opportunities for customer interactions, collaborations and innovation.
AB SCIEX has a more than 20-year history of innovation and is a market leader in mass spectrometry, which is a workhorse analytical technique for a wide variety of scientific applications, including food contamination testing, environmental analysis, biomedical research, drug discovery and development, forensic toxicology and vitamin D analysis, among other emerging applications in clinical research.
The company has been actively involved in applying the power of mass spectrometry to assist in efforts to protect the health and safety of India's vast population. AB SCIEX announced last year, for instance, that through its distribution relationship with Labindia, it supplied a food safety testing solution to six major laboratories under the pesticides monitoring network project by India's government. This was part of a project with the Ministry of Agriculture to help reinforce new food safety standards through better monitoring for contamination.
"Expansion of AB SCIEX's commercial operations in India will strengthen our position and help us build on the success of Labindia's mass spectrometry business as well as execute on our growth strategy," said Umesh Pawa, Managing Director, AB SCIEX India. "By integrating Indian sales, service and support functions into AB SCIEX's global resources and operational excellence, we will simplify the process for customers to do business with AB SCIEX and drive the highest standard of support, further enhancing customer satisfaction levels. We will now be able to engage in a new level of dialogue with Indian scientists, who are among the leaders pushing the limits to improve life in this region."
AB SCIEX and Labindia are working closely to ensure a smooth transition of Labindia's former mass spectrometry-focused personnel, who will provide uninterrupted service and support during this changeover and continue to be the day-to-day contacts for Indian mass spectrometry customers. As part of AB SCIEX, the team will continue to work from their current locations in India.
For more information, go to www.absciex.com/india.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information about the company, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Prana Public Relations
Urvi Joshi, 09819133340
Jennifer Correa, 09819525407
AB SCIEX Public Relations (U.S. contact)
Anthony Petrucci, 1-508-383-7961
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]