Document › Details
AB Sciex. (5/1/11). "Press Release: Advion and AB Sciex Announce a New Version of the World’s Most Advanced Surface Analysis Technology for Mass Spectrometry. Introducing LESA Clarity for AB SCIEX Mass Spec Systems". Framingham, MA.
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||Advion BioSystems Inc.|
|Product||LESA sample analysis system (Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis) (Advion)|
|Product 2||Analyst® LC/MS Software|
|Person||Patteson, David B. (Dave) (Advion 200604– CEO before 1998–2006 Biotage before Foxboro Company)|
|Person 2||Covey, Tom (Danaher 201105 Principal Research Scientist at AB Sciex)|
Advion BioSystems, Inc. (Advion), the developer and manufacturer of the TriVersa NanoMate®, the world's first chip-based nanoelectrospray ion source for mass spectrometry, and AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the launch of the LESATM Clarity for AB SCIEX Mass Spec Systems. The LESA Clarity is part of an ongoing collaboration between Advion, AB SCIEX and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), and offers additional functionality and ease-of-use to the commercially successful Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA) sample analysis system introduced in March 2010.
LESA Clarity is well suited for researchers developing novel drugs, new forensic tools, better biofuels, improvements in food safety and technologies to strengthen homeland security, among others. LESA Clarity offers new capabilities that increase performance and unrivalled ease-of-use for AB SCIEX mass spectrometry users. A real-time high definition camera system has been added for viewing the solvent droplet interaction with the surface, simplifying method development while enabling fine control. LESA Clarity also integrates Analyst®, an AB SCIEX software platform, and Chipsoft, the TriVersa NanoMate software, allowing researchers to operate the system from a single computer with one sample batch queue. As a result, all data is stored in a single file.
"LESA Clarity is yet another advancement to the well-established capabilities of the TriVersa NanoMate and LESA technology. This demonstrates Advion's commitment to scientific excellence, yielding more information and enabling higher throughput," stated David B. Patteson, CEO of Advion. "Advion and AB SCIEX have had a joint marketing agreement since 2003 as part of Advion's global initiative to introduce the benefits of automated nanoESI through strategic alliances. This collaboration helps both companies continue to bring the latest technologies to our combined customers."
The TriVersa NanoMate with LESA technology operates by positioning a disposable pipette tip above a preselected location on the sample, and delivers a droplet of solvent into contact with the surface of any planar sample, thereby extracting the analytes. The analyte-rich droplet is retracted into the pipette tip and delivered to the back of the 400-nozzle ESI Chip using Advion's nanoESI's long, stable spray times for deeper MS analysis. The sampling locations are built into a batch queue for subsequent automatic analysis. Complementary information to DESI, DART and MALDI is yielded.
LESA was developed at ORNL (V. Kertesz, G. J. Van Berkel, J. Mass. Spectrom., Mar. 2010) to bring the benefits of nanoelectrospray/mass spectrometry (nanoESI/MS) to surface analysis and to automate surface sampling for faster, more effective analysis. LESA provides direct mass spectrometric analysis without the need for sample preparation in a variety of sample formats including tissue and organ samples, Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) plates, MALDI plates, and other planar surfaces with extractable analytes. The direct analysis of surfaces by mass spectrometry is a growing and powerful technique. LESA Clarity is designed for exclusive use with AB SCIEX's industry-leading mass spectrometers.
"This technology allows researchers to extract analytes from a variety of samples and infuse them at nanoflow rates to take advantage of the high sensitivity and broad compound coverage that is characteristic of this mode of ionization," said Dr. Tom Covey, a principal research scientist with AB SCIEX. "Researchers using LESA Clarity for AB SCIEX Mass Spec Systems will now be able to incorporate the most advanced, commercial surface analysis techniques into their laboratories."
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
For AB SCIEX
About Advion BioSystems, Inc.
Advion is the scientific leader in microfluidic systems. The company's scientific knowledge-base creates unique nanotechnologies delivering speed, flexibility, and exceptional data quality. Advion is the microfluidics supplier of choice for customers demanding scientific excellence, more information from complex samples, and greater throughput. More about the company can be found at www.advion.com.
For Advion BioSystems, Inc.
Manager of Corporate Marketing Communications
Advion BioSciences, Inc.
Telephone: 1.607.266.0665, ext. 331
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]