Document › Details
AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (9/12/16). "Press Release: Sciex and CW Analytical Collaborate to Develop First Cannabis Quality and Potency Testing Standards". Framingham, MA.
SCIEX workflow solution enables legalized Cannabis labs to ensure product safety with robust, cost-effective analytical methods to facilitate routine testing.
SCIEX a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced a collaboration with CW Analytical (CWAL), an industry leading marijuana testing laboratory, to develop fully validated standardized methods to measure pesticides and cannabinoids in Cannabis and Cannabis related products. As global demand for Cannabis quality testing solutions rises, analytical labs must look to mass spectrometry-based (MS) solutions for the accuracy and reliability to ensure product safety and regulatory compliance. This collaboration will provide the Cannabis industry at-large, with comprehensive, cost-effective analytical methods to facilitate routine testing with guidance and expected performance.
SCIEX will provide CWAL with LC-MS/MS expertise and instrumentation including the SCIEX Triple Quad™ 3500 System, with MultiQuant™ Software for processing multiple analytes and samples. Additionally, SCIEX will provide CWAL with onsite technical expertise to obtain optimal detection, recovery, and run time for quantifying pesticides, aflatoxins and cannabinoids.
“LC-MS/MS represents an ideal analytical platform to address testing needs for the Cannabis industry and only SCIEX can provide researchers with quality, routine workflows and the customer support they require to get their labs up and running quickly,” said Vincent Paez, Senior Director of Food, Environmental and Forensics Testing at SCIEX. “The global Cannabis testing industry does not currently have a standard method for the analysis of pesticides and cannabinoids, and together with CW Analytical, we look forward to implementing a method which can be used by all labs doing such an analysis.”
“Collaborating with SCIEX is truly an historic event, signalling the willingness of an internationally recognized analytical leader to support this emerging laboratory industry. This project will enable CW Analytical to ensure chemical pesticides, the presence of afla-toxins, and potency levels are accurately measured and reported for medical marijuana samples in a timely, affordable manner,” said Robert Martin, Ph.D, CoFounder, Chief Operating Officer at CW Analytical. “LCMS/MS is a key technology for us to apply to our day to day testing needs and SCIEX’s robust solutions and routine workflows make implementation seamless. The ability to accurately analyze hundreds of samples a day offers a unique level of efficiency to our laboratory.”
SCIEX is a member of the AOAC Cannabis Advisory Group and CWAL is the founding member of the Association of Commercial Cannabis Laboratories (www.cacannabislabs.com), a group of laboratories dedicated to proficiency in Cannabis testing. SCIEX and CWAL are uniquely positioned to drive method innovation and achievement of data quality objectives through these associations and is a major reason for the formation of this collaboration.
Learn more about SCIEX Cannabis Testing and CWAL.
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research.
With over 40 years of proven innovation, SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please visit sciex.com.
SCIEX social: Twitter: @SCIEXnew, LinkedIn, and on Facebook.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. RUO-MKT-12-4491-A
AB Sciex is operating as SCIEX.
© 2016 AB Sciex. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of the AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners.
AB Sciex™ is being used under license.
About CW Analytical
Founded in 2009 by a chemist and a microbiologist, CW Analytical's team of scientists and industry experts has been providing patients, cultivators, producers and dispensaries in California with important information about the safety, quality, and potency of their medical Cannabis products long before any state mandate.
The company's commitment to continuous innovation and technical development has led to strategic partnerships with companies like AB Sciex and the achievement of ISO 17025 accreditation in August of 2016.
CW Analytical's continued success is due to its ability to provide clients with accurate data at an affordable price coupled with quick turnaround times and unrivaled customer service. The company's mission is to enable clients to better serve their patients and compete in the medical Cannabis marketplace with the safest, cleanest, and most consistent medicine in California. CWAL social: www.cwanalytical.com, "Like" us on Facebook, Follow us on Instagram, Hear from us on Twitter
Manager Global Public Relations and Brand, SCIEX
VP Customer Relations, CWAL
Sniper Public Relations on Behalf of SCIEX
Record changed: 2016-10-21
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]