Document › Details
AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/6/16). "Press Release: Sciex Announces QTRAP 6500+ High-Throughput Mass Spectrometer at ASMS Conference, 2016". Framingham, MA.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||AB Sciex (Danaher, Framingham, MA)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||QTRAP® 6500+ LC-MS/MS System (Sciex)|
|Product 2||ASMS 2016 San Antonio|
|Person||Radloff, Chris (Danaher 201508 Sciex VP + General Manager LC-MS Business before VP Applied Markets + Clinical Research)|
|Person 2||Sicurella, Stacey (Danaher 201503 Manager Global PR + Brand for Sciex)|
Enhanced, sensitivity and selectivity for small and large molecule quantitation
SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the introduction of the SCIEX QTRAP® 6500+ LC-MS/MS System, which further strengthens SCIEX’s high performance nominal mass spectrometry portfolio and continues the company’s legacy of improving technology and performance. The new system achieves improved sensitivity and selectivity over previous generation systems for small molecule quantitation and integrates with the BioBA Solution for large molecule quantitation, creating a powerful workflow system for biologics bioanalysis.
SCIEX continues to deliver exceptionally engineered, mass spectrometry-based technologies focused on customer needs. As customers are increasingly challenged to achieve lower levels of detection, the QTRAP 6500+ system offers new features that improve quantitation. Among the new features that improve small and large molecule quant, are the multi-component IonDrive™ Technology with the new IonDrive High Energy Detector+ (HED), which pushes the boundaries of LC-MS/MS quantitation farther than ever before. The increased detection area delivers sensitivity improvements in positive mode ionization and significant sensitivity improvements in negative mode ionization in the low mass region, depending on the analyte.
Mass spec users have also asked for more selectivity, as samples have become more and more complex, creating interferences that standard triple quad techniques, like MRM, can no longer fully resolve. The QTRAP 6500+ system delivers enhanced selectivity, without compromising MRM sensitivity. The exclusive QTRAP scan function of MS3 (MS/MS/MS) adds an additional level of mass filtering, while the new SelexION®+ ion mobility technology provides an orthogonal separation prior to mass separation. The newly designed SelexION+ system has a 2x increase in ion transmission, and offers labs yet another tool for eliminating isobaric background interferences in complex assays, making quantitation in complex samples easier and less time consuming. Additionally, the unique scan functions offered by the SCIEX QTRAP system, including enhanced mass scans (EMS), enhanced resolution scans (ER), and enhanced product ion scans (EPI), deliver maximum flexibility and workflow options to enable new discoveries and more accurate identification for researchers whose work extends beyond quantitation alone.
"SCIEX is committed to delivering intelligent technological enhancements in support of our customers' quantitation needs. The QTRAP 6500+ system is ultra-competitive in the areas of sensitivity and selectivity, not to mention, dynamic range and stability," said Chris Radloff, Global Vice President & General Manager of the LC-MS Business at SCIEX. "With the introduction of the QTRAP 6500+, SCIEX uniquely enables customers to expand their capabilities, even with the most challenging applications, like small molecule and complex large molecule analysis."
The revolutionary sensitivity and selectivity delivered through these technologies are designed to see it all, from low mass to high mass compounds, in positive or negative polarity – in a single injection, with high sensitivity, reliability, and confidence, not only in small and large molecule bioanalysis, but also across applications such as comprehensive food residue monitoring, environmental analysis, lipid analysis, and forensic drug screening.
The SCIEX 6500+ system has already started shipping globally and has achieved a high customer adoption rate across applications. SCIEX 6500+ customers will present at the ASMS SCIEX users meetings held on Sunday June 5th, 2016 - Register for the user meeting > as well as at the SCIEX press conference, held on Monday June 6th.
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research.
With over 40 years of proven innovation, SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please visit www.sciex.com.
SCIEX social: @SCIEXnews, LinkedIn, and on Facebook.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. RUO-MKT-12-4075-A
AB Sciex is operating as SCIEX.
© 2015 AB Sciex. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of the AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB Sciex™ is being used under license.
Public Relations and Brand Manager, Global Marketing
Sniper Public Relations on Behalf of SCIEX
Record changed: 2016-07-01
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]