Document › Details
AB Sciex. (2/1/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex Announces the Appointment of Rainer Blair as President". Framingham, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||BASF (Group)|
|Person||Blair, Rainer M. (Danaher 201403– VP + Head Life Sciences Business before President AB Sciex + Videojet + MAPEI + BASF)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the appointment of Rainer Blair as the new president of AB SCIEX. Mr. Blair comes to AB SCIEX most recently from Videojet, where he served as its president for North America & Europe. He will be based in the company's Framingham, Massachusetts facility.
Mr. Blair brings extensive experience in senior leadership positions to his new role at AB SCIEX. He was formerly president and CEO for MAPEI Americas, a $2.3 billion global, diversified construction chemical corporation. He had full P&L and balance sheet authority over four business units with annual revenue of $420 million, 1250 employees, 15 manufacturing sites including sales/marketing, manufacturing/operations and R&D in NAFTA and South America. Before MAPEI, he spent over 15 years with BASF Group on three continents, in progressively larger roles including marketing manager, business manager, CEO of BASF Argentina, and group vice president, Global Automotive Coatings and Coatings NAFTA.
"As AB SCIEX celebrates its one-year anniversary as a unified company, I am pleased to introduce Rainer Blair as the new president to take the company forward," said Tom Joyce, who has led AB SCIEX on an interim basis through its first year as an integrated company. "AB SCIEX is well-positioned to extend its leadership in the mass spectrometry market, and I am confident that under Rainer's leadership the company will continue to serve its customers in a variety of scientific fields with innovative solutions and services."
Rainer Blair, President of AB SCIEX, said, "I am excited to join AB SCIEX, which has such a strong history of innovation and market leadership. It's highly motivating to be part of an organization that is focused on improving life for people through world-class science and technology. One of my first priorities will be to meet with and listen to customers across the globe to better understand how we can help them achieve their business and scientific goals. As importantly, I look forward to visiting with AB SCIEX associates in all of our regions to discuss our shared quest of pushing the limits of science."
Executive Management Team Bios [ http://www.absciex.com/Company/Executive-Management ]
Mass spectrometry system portfolio [ http://www.absciex.com/Products/Mass-Spectrometers ]
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags
AB SCIEX, mass spectrometry, Rainer Blair, Massachusetts business
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
© 2011. AB SCIEX.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]