Document › Details
AB Sciex. (2/7/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex and ARUP Laboratories Collaborate to Develop New Clinical Research Methods for Hormone Analysis. Better Answers to Improve Healthcare Obtained from Analysis on QTRAP Technology". Foster City, CA.
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||ARUP Laboratories|
|Group||University of Utah|
|Product||AB Sciex QTRAP® 5500 LC/MS/MS System|
|Product 2||clinical diagnostics|
|Person||Anacleto, Joe (Bruker 201312 VP of Market Development before AB SCIEX + Life Technologies)|
|Person 2||Rockwood, Alan (Univ Utah 201102 Scientific Director Mass Spec Lab at ARUP Labs)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced a collaboration with ARUP Laboratories, a major clinical reference laboratory in the United States, to develop new test methods that clinical research laboratories around the world can adopt to improve hormone analysis. ARUP researchers are using AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 mass spectrometry technology to obtain results that were previously unavailable to clinical researchers. This advancement is expected to help deliver better answers that can be used to improve healthcare. AB SCIEX is exhibiting QTRAP® technology at Mass Spectrometry Applications for the Clinical Laboratory (MSACL) conference in San Diego this week.
This collaboration with a leading clinical reference laboratory is intended to help drive the industry-wide move toward increasingly using mass spectrometry to conduct hormone analysis. Because many hormones exist in extremely low abundance, immunoassay-based approaches are often plagued by interferences, preventing them from obtaining accurate measurements. To address this challenge, ARUP turned to QTRAP® technology to obtain a higher level of sensitivity, which is needed to perform the most accurate quantitation of low abundant hormones, especially free hormones, while confirming the results with qualitative capabilities within the same system.
AB SCIEX provides the highest sensitivity instrumentation on the market today as part of a simple, four-step workflow for mass spectrometry-based clinical research. The AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 System combines high sensitivity and speed on a platform that integrates quantitative and qualitative analysis, representing a better type of triple quadrupole. In collaboration with AB SCIEX scientists, ARUP researchers are using this technology to develop new test methods that AB SCIEX plans to turn into pre-configured iMethod™ Tests available for easy download into AB SCIEX Cliquid® Software, which is a software application that significantly simplifies the use of advanced mass spectrometry technology for clinical research.
Alan Rockwood, Ph.D., Scientific Director of the Mass Spectrometry Lab at ARUP Laboratories
"Our mission in the mass spectrometry lab of ARUP is to push the limits of quantitation as low as we can, so we can deliver better results for clinical research. Our collaboration with AB SCIEX, whose scientists have taken the time to understand our stringent requirements, gives us access to mass spectrometry technology that helps us to fulfill our purpose. By providing more accurate answers than previously possible, we are supporting efforts to improve medical care."
Joe Anacleto, Vice President and General Manager of the Applied Markets and Clinical Research Business, AB SCIEX
"The shift to mass spectrometry-based clinical research continues to rapidly accelerate. To have a leading clinical reference laboratory such as ARUP Laboratories utilize QTRAP® technology for method development reinforces the importance of high sensitivity that AB SCIEX technology delivers. By being a trusted partner with clinical researchers, AB SCIEX is able to make it easier for laboratories to adopt mass spectrometry and obtain better answers."
AB SCIEX clinical research solutions
AB SCIEX mass spectrometry portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
© 2011. AB SCIEX.
Anthony Petrucci, 508-383-7961
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]