Document › Details
AB Sciex. (7/27/10). "Press Release: AB Sciex Collaborates with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to Improve Clinical Research. Joint Efforts to Facilitate the Use of LC/MS in Clinical Laboratories for Steroid Hormone Testing". Foster City,
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Product||AB Sciex QTRAP® 5500 LC/MS/MS System|
|Product 2||Cliquid® software|
|Person||Anacleto, Joe (Bruker 201312 VP of Market Development before AB SCIEX + Life Technologies)|
|Person 2||Petrucci, Anthony (Philanthropy 201404– Director Communications before Danaher 20101–201404 Director Global PR)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced a collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the CDC Foundation to facilitate the use of mass spectrometry technologies in clinical laboratories for hormone testing. This collaboration is intended to help support the CDC's Hormone Standardization Project for improving the reliability of laboratory results used to help assess disease risk and monitor treatment.
The Hormone Standardization Project aims to address current challenges in clinical research, including lack of comparability of data across studies and measurement systems as well as lack of appropriate performance of assays, especially at low concentrations, such as testosterone levels observed in women and children. To advance this project, the CDC is working to develop a reference method using mass spectrometry to improve comparability, specificity, and reliability of results and help facilitate more accurate testing practices.
Mass spectrometry is an advanced scientific technique used to analyze compounds based on their molecular composition. Mass spectrometers scan, identify, and measure the quantity of various molecules, including testosterone and other hormones. The CDC's reference method utilizes mass spectrometry combined with high-performance liquid chromatography (LC/MS). AB SCIEX provided the CDC with the use of an AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 System through a contribution to the CDC Foundation. The QTRAP system is an award-winning mass spectrometer that is part of an integrated solution, which also features Cliquid® Software for Clinical Research, an automated software application designed to simplify the use of mass spectrometry for clinical researchers.
Joe Anacleto, Vice President and General Manager of the Applied Markets and Clinical Research Business, AB SCIEX “AB SCIEX is well-positioned to help advance clinical research through the expanded use of mass spectrometry. We value the opportunity to assist the CDC in advancing improved accuracy of results for hormone testing. AB SCIEX clinical research solutions use best-in-class technology for this critical analysis.”
AB SCIEX clinical research solutions
AB SCIEX mass spectrometry portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags
AB SCIEX, mass spectrometry, CDC, testosterone, hormone testing, QTRAP, clinical research, Hormone Standardization Project
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]