Document › Details
AB Sciex. (9/6/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex Expands Eksigent Chip Column Family for Nano and Micro LC Proteomics Analysis. Greater Flexibility for Biomarker Discovery, Validation and Verification". Framingham, MA.
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||Washington University School of Medicine (St. Louis)|
|Group||Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL)|
|Product||micro cHiPLC column|
|Product 2||cHiPLC-nanoflex System|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the extension of its Eksigent line of column chips for the cHiPLC®-nanoflex system. Five new chips were introduced at the HUPO (Human Proteome Organization) conference today, expanding the flexibility and application of the system for high-performance proteomics analysis, including biomarker discovery, validation and verification.
The extended offering adds higher flow micro cHiPLC columns for peptide separation at increased throughput levels, as well as new phases for the analysis of intact proteins, phosphopeptides and glycans. All cHiPLC-nanoflex columns are designed and microfabricated to be robust and highly reproducible, providing superior-quality separations that are easy to obtain by users at all experience levels. The first two of the new chips are nano LC columns - C4 for the analysis of intact proteins and graphitized carbon for phosphopeptides and glycans. These new offerings are available for shipping immediately.
The company is also previewing three additional new chips at HUPO, including 200 µm i.d. C18-CL micro cHiPLC columns in 15 cm as well as a new shorter 5 cm length. These chips are run at 1.0 to 3.5 µL per-minute flow rates, which reduce gradient delay times compared to nano flow HPLC, providing higher sample throughput and improved chromatography. The new micro cHiPLC columns deliver robust performance as well as increased speed and throughput for applications, such as quantitative biomarker validation. These new micro cHiPLC columns, as well as a new nanoLC HALO* HILIC phase, will be available for shipment in October of this year. Trap columns are available for all phases, including the original C18 and C8 columns for peptide analysis.
Eksigent customer Reid Townsend, Professor of Medicine, Cell Biology and Physiology and Director, NIH-NCI Proteome Characterization Center at Washington University School of Medicine, has tested the new 200 µm chips in his laboratory and found that loading five times more sample on the new chip with a yeast digest yielded five times more protein identifications resulting from three times the number of distinct peptide identifications, compared to a standard 75 µm i.d. chip.
Nanoflow liquid chromatography coupled with nanoelectrospray MS is the method of choice for protein and peptide analysis. The Eksigent cHiPLC-nanoflex System, launched in 2009, delivers high reproducibility at nano- and microflow rates, plus ease of use. The system is a docking station for up to three column chips. Eksigent's proprietary EksPortTM microconnector system ensures reliable and consistent connections to facilitate column changes.
Chips can be interchanged in seconds, even by inexperienced users, with minimal dead volume to compromise resolution. This enables users to easily switch between workflows. The proprietary microfabrication process used for both the trap chips and analytical column chips delivers exceptional column-to-column reproducibility. The cHiPLC-nanoflex can be added to any of Eksigent's nanoLC systems and interfaced to AB SCIEX TripleTOFTM 5600 for biomarker discovery and the AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 for verification and validation, as well as other mass spectrometers.
Remco van Soest, Director of Eksigent HPLC Product Management for AB SCIEX
"Chromatography on the nano and micro scale has traditionally suffered from reproducibility and robustness limitations, and our cHiPLC columns deliver significant improvements. This is part of our effort to develop and introduce new cHiPLC columns on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of our proteomics customers."
Eksigent product portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
*HALO is a registered trademark of Advanced Materials Technology.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]