Document › Details
AB Sciex. (3/15/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex Expands Applications Library with New Test Methods for Toxicology, Food Safety and Environmental Analysis. Sharing of Pre-configured, Downloadable Methods to Accelerate Adoption of LC/MS Technologies". Foster
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto)|
|Product||mass spectrometry solution/method|
|Product 2||Cliquid® software|
|Person||Anacleto, Joe (Bruker 201312 VP of Market Development before AB SCIEX + Life Technologies)|
To address the global need for improved methods in toxicology, food safety testing and environmental analysis, AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the expansion of its iMethod™ Application Center. This online resource provides a growing library of pre-configured, verified test methods to improve the analysis of drugs and better identify contaminants in the food supply and the environment while simplifying the use of advanced mass spectrometry technologies. The company is presenting information about new iMethod™ Tests at Pittcon in Atlanta this week.
The iMethod™ Tests were developed according to customer requirements, enabling laboratories to adopt them and eliminate some of the cost and complexity involved in building their own custom tests. AB SCIEX first pioneered in 2008 with pre-configured and verified methods that can be downloaded and shared by laboratories to conduct scientific analysis on mass spectrometry (MS) instruments. iMethod™ Tests contain liquid chromatography (LC) and MS conditions and sample preparation protocols.
The company is expanding this library by delivering new methods in the following areas:
– Pain Panel - iMethod™ for the analysis of drugs in human urine
– Chloramphenicol - iMethod™ for the analysis for the antibiotic in meat and seafood
– Ethanolamines - iMethod™ for the analysis of bio and environmental markers for nitrogen mustards in water
– Triazines - iMethod™ for the analysis of Triazine pesticides in ground and surface water
– Mycotoxins - iMethod™ for the analysis of Mycotoxins in food stuffs, including cereals, grains and ground nuts
The new iMethod™ Application Center expands the number of test methods that can be used to accelerate the distribution of new methods to virtually any lab in the world in a matter of seconds to respond to a crisis or be proactive to ensure high quality testing. iMethod™ Tests can be used by forensics toxicology laboratories, clinical research laboratories, food testing laboratories, government agencies, environmental safety organizations and scientists in academia.
Among the organizations using iMethod™ Tests is The Hospital for Sick Children where biochemists easily installed the iMethod test for drug screening into Cliquid® Software, enabling analysis of compounds on AB SCIEX triple quadrupole and QTRAP® systems. This Toronto-based hospital gained the ability to screen a large number of compounds within 17 minutes, according to researchers at the facility. This helped them to decrease turnaround times as well as identify compounds that other methods, such as immunoassay drug screens, are unable to detect.
David Colantonio, Ph.D., Clinical Biochemist, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, and an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto
"As a toxicology lab, we needed a solution that allows screening of a vast array of compounds in a relatively short period of time. Taking the iMethod™ approach along with AB SCIEX systems and software sped up our shift to more powerful and accurate technologies for clinical research and gave us the exceptional benefit of access to an ever-expanding, comprehensive library. Our technologists are able to navigate the AB SCIEX software and run the pre-configured test method on the mass spectrometer without difficulty."
Joe Anacleto, Vice President and General Manager of the Applied Markets and Clinical Research Business, AB SCIEX
"AB SCIEX delivers solutions that customers can trust for highly reliable, accurate scientific analysis. Our iMethod™ Tests have set a new benchmark for pre-packaged, downloadable methods, meeting the high expectations of a wide range of scientists. By delivering the most comprehensive suite of solutions in a centralized virtual center of excellence, we empower our customers to make a significant impact to improve the world."
AB SCIEX food testing solutions
AB SCIEX environmental testing solutions
AB SCIEX clinical research solutions
AB SCIEX mass spectrometry portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. AB SCIEX technology solutions combine the highest performance with the highest reliability to enable our customers to fuel scientific discovery, deliver results with confidence and improve the quality of life. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEX™ is being used under license.
© 2011. AB SCIEX.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]