Document › Details
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (2/8/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex and GeneBio Team Up to Improve Interactive Library Searching for Mass Spectrometry". Foster City, CA & Geneva.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Geneva Bioinformatics S.A. (GeneBio)|
|Organisation 2||AB Sciex LLC|
|Product 2||AB Sciex TripleTOF™ 5600 System|
|Index term||Danaher–GeneBio: bioinformatics, 201102– collab co-marketing SmileMS with AB Sciex mass spectrometers|
|Person||Grobosch, Thomas (Berlin (govt) 201009 BBges Institute of Toxicology)|
|Person 2||Anacleto, Joe (Bruker 201312 VP of Market Development before AB SCIEX + Life Technologies)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, and Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) SA today announced that they will co-market joint solutions to improve the ability of scientists to conduct rapid screening of large sets of molecules. GeneBio's SmileMS software provides advanced library searching capabilities that can be used with AB SCIEX's industry-leading mass spectrometers and software applications. AB SCIEX solutions and SmileMS software are on display at the Mass Spectrometry Applications for the Clinical Laboratory (MSACL) conference in San Diego this week.
These joint solutions are already being used for both targeted and unknown screening in numerous fields. For example, the Institute of Toxicology in the Clinical Toxicology and Poison Information Centre (BBGes) in Berlin, Germany is using AB SCIEX technology combined with SmileMS for rapid data management in support of comprehensive results for the screening of xenobiotics in biological matrices. Thomas Grobosch, PhD, head of the laboratory, and his team validated SmileMS on AB SCIEX instrumentation.
SmileMS can be used with the broad range of AB SCIEX systems, including triple quadrupole and QTRAP systems, as well as the new TripleTOF 5600 System, which is the fastest and most sensitive high-resolution mass spectrometer for high-performance qualitative and quantitative analysis. SmileMS has the capability to process a wide range of data, including high mass accuracy MS and MS/MS data. This GeneBio software complements AB SCIEX's Analyst and Cliquid software as well as being fully compatible with AB SCIEX's LC/MS/MS libraries for forensic, pesticide, veterinary and antibiotics analysis. Adapted to fast routine analysis, SmileMS also allows in-depth evaluation of results for use in food testing, pharmaceutical research, environmental testing and biomedical research.
Nasri Nahas, CEO, GeneBio
"AB SCIEX customers will have the advantage of using the best-in-class capabilities of SmileMS software for the identification of small molecules by mass spectrometry for fast routine analysis and in-depth research. We are extremely pleased to partner with AB SCIEX, a global leader in mass spectrometry technologies that has set the tone for innovation in this field. This relationship helps us to focus our efforts and expertise on software development to continue serving our customers' needs with powerful solutions."
Joe Anacleto, Vice President and General Manager of the Applied Markets and Clinical Research Business, AB SCIEX
"We continue to provide added value to our customers by working with companies like GeneBio to provide a way to enhance the identification and visualization of analytes. We believe the integration of SmileMS with our industry-leading systems will create new opportunities to improve results in clinical and forensic toxicology, among other fields that can take advantage of these capabilities."
Thomas Grobosch, PhD, Head of the Laboratory, Institute of Toxicology in the Clinical Toxicology and Poison Information Centre Berlin
"SmilleMS is able to optimize the identification of drugs, poisons and toxins with their metabolites from data acquired on both low and high resolution AB SCIEX instruments. These results are helping improve the institute's ability to deliver specialized laboratory services."
AB SCIEX Media Contact
Public Relations, AB SCIEX
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for GeneBio (Group)
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/11). "Press Release: SIB and GeneBio Launch neXtProt – Human Proteins Knowledge Platform"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (6/9/11). Web Site: Our Partners. [http://www.genebio.com, 06/09/11]...
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/30/11). "Press Release: Wiley Announces a Global Nonexclusive Distribution Agreement with GeneBio SA"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (1/13/11). "Press Release: neXtProt. Product Release Announcement". Geneva & Lausanne....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (9/29/10). "Press Release: BBGes Developing Accurate Mass LC-MSMS Spectra Library of Drugs with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/24/10). "Press Release: Prof. Hans H. Maurer Annotating New LC-MS Library of Drugs, Poisons and Their Metabolites with SmileMS". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/11/10). "Corporate Information by E-Mail"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (8/2/10). "Press Release: HUG Choose SmileMS for Emergency Clinical Toxicology Screening". Geneva....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (5/21/10). "Press Release: GeneBio, CURML-UTCF Collaborate to Enhance SmileMS for Forensic Technology". Geneva & Lausanne....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (10/28/08). "Press Release: GeneBio and Proxeon Sign Agreement for Phenyx and ProteinCenter". Geneva & Odense....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]