Document › Details
AB Sciex. (7/31/13). "Press Release: AB Sciex Expands Clinical Solutions with New Family of In Vitro Diagnostic Reagent Kits CE Marked for Europe". Framingham, MA.
|Organisation||AB Sciex Pte. Ltd.|
|Organisation 2||Notch Communications Ltd.|
|Group||Notch Communications (Group)|
|Product||Sciex IVD-MS™ Kit for 25-OH Vitamin D Analysis|
|Product 2||API 3200MD™ LC/MS/MS system|
|Person||Blair, Rainer M. (Danaher 201403– VP + Head Life Sciences Business before President AB Sciex + Videojet + MAPEI + BASF)|
|Person 2||Whelan, Kate (Notch Communications 201108 COO)|
First in a series of kits provides complete solution for 25-OH vitamin D2 & D3 in a single analysis
AB Sciex Pte. Ltd, a global leader in analytical technologies, today announced the introduction of SCIEX IVD-MS™ Kits, a new series of reagent kits specifically designed for in vitro diagnostic use in conjunction with mass spectrometry instrumentation for clinical analysis in Europe.* The first kit is focused on vitamin D analysis and is CE marked to meet European regulatory requirements.
"With the new family of SCIEX IVD-MS reagent kits coupled with our 3200MD CE-IVD instrumentation, we are able to provide complete solutions to European hospitals and clinical laboratories to improve diagnostics," said Rainer Blair, President of AB Sciex. "Our first application-specific kit will allow those clinicians to take full advantage of the power of mass spectrometry for vitamin D analysis with the confidence of regulatory compliance."
Mass spectrometry (MS) is an analytical technology that has the potential to improve the quality of clinical diagnostic results while reducing costs compared to other technologies. Highly selective and sensitive, MS provides routine diagnostic testing laboratories in Europe with the ability to quantitate multiple trace level compounds in a single analysis with high confidence in the results.
The first kit in the new SCIEX IVD-MS portfolio to harness this advanced technology for routine clinical applications is the SCIEX IVD-MS Kit for 25-OH Vitamin D Analysis. This kit is designed to help clinicians make diagnoses of vitamin D deficiencies, with the ability to quantitate both 25-OH-Vitamin D2 and 25-OH-Vitamin D3 in a single run.
Adequate levels of vitamin D have been known for decades to be essential for strong bones. Recent research has linked vitamin D to be important in the prevention of multiple common and serious diseases, such as type 1 diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
The new SCIEX IVD-MS Kits work with the AB SCIEX 3200MD CE-IVD series of MS systems - including the API 3200MD™ and 3200MD QTRAP® LC/MS/MS systems - which the company launched recently in Europe. The 3200MD series is the company's first of a family of in vitro diagnostic devices. The intended use of these devices is to identify inorganic or organic compounds in human specimens for clinical use.
Committed to helping improve clinical diagnostics, the company plans to extend its in vitro diagnostic solutions into other parts of the world in the future.
*Only available in Europe at this time, but not in every EU country. Contact a local AB SCIEX representative for more information.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With 40 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information about the company, go to www.absciex.com/company/overview.
© 2013. AB SCIEX. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license. IVD-MKT-12-0818-A
AB SCIEX Media Contact
Director of Public Relations
Editorial follow-up contact
+46 72 216 98 49
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]