Document › Details
AB Sciex. (5/21/12). "Press Release: AB Sciex Launches the World’s Most Sensitive Mass Spectrometer to Achieve the Lowest Limits of Quantitation in Complex Matrices. The New AB Sciex 6500 Series Deliver up to a 10x Increase in Senstivity Using New IonDri
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||Algorithme Pharma|
|Product||AB Sciex QTRAP® 6500 LC/MS/MS System|
|Product 2||IonDrive™ technology|
|Person||Blair, Rainer M. (Danaher 201403– VP + Head Life Sciences Business before President AB Sciex + Videojet + MAPEI + BASF)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the introduction of the AB SCIEX 6500 series. The new AB SCIEX Triple Quad™ 6500 and QTRAP® 6500 systems are next-generation mass spectrometers that deliver up to a 10x increase in sensitivity over the best-selling, high-performance triple quadrupole system on the market. These new instruments are designed for scientists who need to push the limits in quantitation in complex matrices while maintaining reproducibility and robustness. The new 6500 series was unveiled at this week's American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) conference in Vancouver.
With new multi-component IonDrive™ technology increasing the generation, transmission and detection of more ions, the AB SCIEX 6500 series delivers unparalleled sensitivity enhancements that could not be previously achieved. This is made possible by significant improvements in the ionization source through the new IonDrive Turbo V source, enhancements in the ion transmission stage with the novel IonDrive™ QJet guide, and a 20x increase to the detector dynamic range with the IonDrive™ High Energy detector. These breakthrough advancements were conceived by AB SCIEX's world-class R&D organization to drive more ions through the mass spectrometer than ever possible.
Protected by the company's own intellectual property (IP), AB SCIEX's IonDrive™ technology delivers a new level of 'visionary' sensitivity with no compromise in mass range.
"The AB SCIEX 6500 series represents a quantum leap forward in mass spectrometry quantitation," said Rainer Blair, President of AB SCIEX. "With the first-of-its-kind IonDrive technology that we are pioneering in the new AB SCIEX 6500 system, scientists will be able to quantitate at lower concentration levels than ever before. This is truly game-changing technology, and we expect it to help reinforce AB SCIEX's market leadership."
The AB SCIEX 6500 series is ideally suited for a variety of applications, including drug discovery and development in regulated laboratories; peptide quantitation as well as biomarker verification in biomedical research; and clinical research in endocrinology laboratories. The 6500 platform is also compatible with SelexION™ Technology, which is novel technology that delivers a new dimension of selectivity in differential ion mobility spectrometry for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
"Sensitivity and selectivity are among the most critical factors to consider when choosing a mass spectrometer able to enhance your method development capabilities," said Fabio Garofolo, Ph.D., Vice President of Bioanalytical Services, Algorithme Pharma. "My team ran samples on the new AB SCIEX 6500 system. We were pleased by the high quality of the data, particularly in the bioanalysis of large therapeutic peptides and proteins where high sensitivity and selectivity are a must."
The new 6500 series expands AB SCIEX's comprehensive portfolio of industry-leading mass spectrometry systems, including the TripleTOF 5600 system and the wide range of QTRAP and Triple Quad systems. AB SCIEX has a more than 25 year history of innovation and market leadership in mass spectrometry. The company's portfolio also includes a wide range of application-specific software, reagents and services as well as its Eksigent family of liquid chromatography products for nano LC, micro LC and analytical flow LC.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 25 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]