Document › Details
AB Sciex. (6/7/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex Connects Scientists with Mass Spectrometry for Faster, More Accurate Answers. New Interface with Laboratory Information Systems to Advance Use of LC-MS/MS in Clinical Research". Framingham, MA.
Scientists have been searching for years for a way to connect their high-volume work with mass spectrometry technologies to improve the results they obtain. Addressing this need, AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the availability of new software in the Cliquid® Software family to enable scientists to link their laboratory information systems (LIS) - also commonly referred to as laboratory information management systems (LIMS) - to industry-leading AB SCIEX mass spectrometers. This unified solution is expected to result in cost savings, better data quality and faster answers.
The use of tandem mass spectrometry for clinical research purposes has been on the rise in recent years. Improvements in quantifying vitamin D, steroids, immunossupressants or pain panel drugs due to tandem mass spectrometry has been well-documented. However, clinical research laboratories have had to face the challenge of scaling the use of a mass spectrometer from low-volume to high-volume testing, limiting the use of what is known as the workhorse of the life science industry.
By creating an interface to existing LIS and LIMS networks, a new version of Cliquid® Software from AB SCIEX eliminates this limitation. Furthermore, lab analysts are seeking better tracking of samples, minimizing of manual errors and easier importing of batches from laboratory information systems. The new Cliquid® Software application provides enhancements in all of these areas.
Judy Stone, who works for TPMG Kaiser Regional Laboratory, has been using tandem mass spectrometry technologies for years to conduct testing of fewer than 100 samples per day. The lack of an interface to her LIS, along with the labor required for manual sample preparation, prevented her from using this technology for high-throughput testing that surpasses 1,000 sample per day. The availability of the new Cliquid software, however, has allowed her to rethink her use of AB SCIEX mass spectrometry systems to generate faster, more accurate answers on a larger scale. Dr. Stone presented this information at AB SCIEX's Users Meeting earlier this week. Her presentation will be available online starting on June 21 as part of AB SCIEX's video e-conference series.
Judy Stone, PhD, DABCC, MT(ASCP), TPMG Kaiser Regional Laboratory
"The new Cliquid Software for interfacing our LC-MSMS systems, automated liquid handlers and the LIS expands the potential use of LC-MSMS applications in a production laboratory setting. We anticipate significant improvements in quality and cost savings."
Joe Anacleto, Vice President and General Manager of the Applied Markets and Clinical Research Business, AB SCIEX
"Our new Cliquid Software creates new opportunities for the adoption of mass spectrometry in the clinical research market. This is part of a much broader plan we have to make mass spectrometry as easy and efficient for clinical researchers as possible. We are still only at the beginning of the great potential for mass spectrometry to transform clinical research."
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service & support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery & development, food & environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
© 2011. AB SCIEX.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]