Document › Details
AB Sciex. (3/2/10). "Press Release: AB Sciex Software Application Advances Disease Research, Drug Discovery and Biomarker Research. Company Launches Life Science Industry’s First Mass Spectrometry-based Application for Lipidomics Studies". Foster City, C
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the launch of the first mass-spectrometry-based software application specifically designed to advance the study of lipidomics. LipidView. Software is the first commercially available software using the analytical accuracy and speed of mass spectrometry to characterize molecules in studies of lipidomics, which is an emerging field of systems biology that is being applied for disease research, drug discovery and biomarker research for potential use in clinical settings.
Researchers are increasingly exploring the range of functions that lipids have within the human body, including energy storage, cell membrane structure and hormone signaling. LipidView Software responds to the need of lipidomics researchers who have been seeking tools focused specifically on this new discipline to provide more accurate and faster results. LipidView Software is an automated data processing tool that enables researchers to more effectively identify and quantify lipids from complex samples, providing standardized information from a catalog of more than 40 lipid classes and 23,000 possible lipid species.
Among the organizations adopting LipidView Software is Zora Biosciences, a leader in providing advanced lipidomics services to the pharmaceutical industry. Researchers at Zora Biosciences are supporting drug discovery projects by delivering critical information about lipids that can be used to help develop more effective drugs. They are using LipidView Software to significantly accelerate data processing of mass spectrometry-based analysis for lipid profiling as a means to better understand complex medical conditions, including diabetes and obesity, in efforts to develop better drugs and discover useful lipid biomarkers.
– Lipidomics is one of multiple areas of systems biology, which includes proteomics, metabolomics and genomics. Systems biology is an inter-disciplinary study field that focuses on the systematic study of complex interactions in biological systems. Information garnered from these studies help in a wide range of life science applications.
– AB SCIEX is advancing lipidomics by enabling and streamlining the process of profiling lipids through a simple, four-step workflow. This workflow includes batch processing of multiple data sets, database searching, organizing and reporting. LipidView Software is part of a complete mass spectrometry-based workflow solution from AB SCIEX. This workflow combines the AB SCIEX QTRAP 5500 System with the lipidomics software application to deliver high performance capabilities in a simple-to-use format.
Kim Ekroos, Ph.D., Head of Bioanalytics, Zora Biosciences
“The ability to identify new drug targets and better understand diseases at the lipid level will ultimately improve drug discovery and help create more effective treatments. LipidView Software gives us the ability to process massive amounts of mass spectrometry data in an automated way that was previously unavailable. This expands our analytical capabilities, accelerates our processes and enables us to generate higher quality information, which not only provides us with more confidence in the results, but also our clients in the pharmaceutical industry.”
Laura Lauman, President, AB SCIEX
“AB SCIEX continues to innovate to help advance life science research by developing new software tools that apply the power of mass spectrometry to a broader range of applications. LipidView Software is another example of how AB SCIEX delivers software that manages complete workflow solutions for drug discovery and biomarker research. This new tool will help researchers expand the study of lipids as part of an emerging field within systems biology.”
The Lipid Library
Lipidomics Gateway for lipid biology
AB SCIEX technology portfolio
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags
Lipidomics, drug discovery, biofuels, personalized medicine, biomarkers, lipids, LipidView, QTRAP.
For Research Use Only.
The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]