Document › Details
AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit for Comprehensive Biopharmaceutical Characterization". Framingham, MA.
|Organisation||AB Sciex (Danaher, Framingham, MA)|
|Product||Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit (Sciex)|
|Product 2||Sciex PA 800 Plus software|
|Person||Sicurella, Stacey (Danaher 201503 Manager Global PR + Brand for Sciex)|
Solution offers research analysts the power to detect changes in glycosylation in a fraction of the time as traditional methods
SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the launch of the new Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit for quantitative glycan analysis in biopharmaceutical characterization. Research Analysts challenged by time-consuming sample preparation and data analysis can now accelerate their workflow through rapid glycan release and labeling, followed by fast separation and quantitation, with immediate glycan identification
Averaging 1 hour for sample preparation, of up to 96 separations, the Fast Glycan kit can analyze glycans up to 5x faster than traditional HILIC methods. This enables researchers to quickly detect changes in glycosylation, helping them profile glycans that may effect changes in function, efficacy and clearance of their biologics. Automated glycan identification eliminates the need for manual, tedious glycan database searches, thus removing the potential for human error from the process. SCIEX's solution enables researchers in analytical method development and QC labs to efficiently identify and quantify glycans associated with biologics, helping to ensure therapeutic efficacy.
Proper glycosylation is critical for the efficacy, immunogenicity, and clearance of biologics as incorrect glycan species associated with a biologic, such as a monoclonal antibody (mAb), can lead to an increase and/or decrease in antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) or complement-dependent cytotoxicity (CDC). A lack of high-resolution glycan information – for example, the separation of fucosylated and non-fucosylated structures – can put patients and the researcher's organization at risk for unreliable results.
Using a custom internal standard, glucose unit (GU) calculations can be performed on aligned data directly in the SCIEX PA 800 Plus software. An integrated GU Reference table can be used 'as is' or customized by adding glycan species. The SCIEX Fast Glycan method sample preparation can be automated using any Beckman Coulter Biomek liquid handler, further increasing your laboratory's throughput and efficiency.
"Profiling glycans has traditionally required patience where researcher analysts would need to set aside a full day to perform sample prep," said Mark Lies, Sr. Product Manager at SCIEX. "Only SCIEX's solution has an automated glycan ID feature, enabling researchers to prepare, quantitate and identify samples in minutes, not days. For scientists, this ensures that the lab workflow will be more efficient."
SCIEX's Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit was recently awarded the BioProcess International (BPI) "Award for Best Technology Application – Analytical" for demonstrating increased functionality in novel combinations with other analytical technologies.
Learn more about the new Fast Glycan Labeling and Analysis Kit.
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research.
With over 40 years of proven innovation, SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please visit sciex.com.
SCIEX social: Twitter: @SCIEXnews, LinkedIn and Facebook.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. RUO-MKT-12-5101-A
AB Sciex is operating as SCIEX.
©2017 AB Sciex. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of the AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB Sciex™ is being used under license.
Manager Global Public Relations and Brand, SCIEX
508-688-7958 Editorial follow-up
Sniper Public Relations on Behalf of SCIEX
Record changed: 2017-02-09
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/24/17). "Press Release: Sciex Launches New X500B QTOF Mass Spectrometry System for Standardized Biotherapeutic Characterization". Framingham, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (1/17/17). "Press Release: Sciex lädt ein zum 7. Berliner LC-MS/MS Symposium". Darmstadt....
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]