Document › Details
AB Sciex. (10/1/12). "Press Release: New AB Sciex Software Application Improves High-throughput Screening with QTRAP and TripleTOF Technologies".
LibraryView™ Software uniquely enables a laboratory to screen for contaminants, compounds or illicit drugs with custom libraries.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced a new software application enabling faster and more reliable identification of contaminants in food, environmental, clinical research, and forensic toxicology samples.
The new LibraryViewTM Software is the first of its kind to enable scientists and lab technicians to screen hundreds of samples for hundreds of potential contaminants and residues, using customized compound libraries uniquely associated with different methods. Coupled with QTRAP® and TripleTOF® technologies, this new software adds a new dimension of speed and reliability to screening workflows. LibraryView Software is now available to view for evaluation from any computer anywhere via AB SCIEX's cloud computing-based "virtual demo" site.
LibraryView Software takes advantage of the integrated qualitative and quantitative functionality of QTRAP and TripleTOF technologies, enabling acquisition of full scan MS/MS spectra of compounds or contaminants present in a sample at high sensitivity. The full MS/MS spectrum delivers all of the significant fragments of the compound of interest, creating a compound 'fingerprint.'
It enables more reliable compound identification compared to standard identification with only one or two fragments or MRMs. Library searching against the full MS/MS fingerprint produces more robust library comparisons and more reliable identification of compounds. It helps to minimize potential false positive assignments for sensitive samples.
The new LibraryView Software also enables high-throughput labs to improve their workflows and processes by creating their own custom libraries with retention time information, LC conditions, and associated matrices, which is also fundamental for improved robustness in library searching and compound identification. Combined with the intuitive software interface, the ability to customize library searches, and the capabilities for fast and interactive data review, this feature greatly improves throughput of data analysis - particularly for labs facing high volumes of samples and needing to get answers fast.
Additionally, labs interested in smaller, more targeted compound screens can establish custom libraries for that targeted list. For example, if a food or environmental testing lab is interested in targeting a short list of pesticide compounds, LibraryView Software enables them to easily set-up their custom library and only search the compounds of interest, eliminating the need to go through their entire, comprehensive library. This feature greatly streamlines data analysis, reducing time at the computer for the analyst from hours to minutes. With a few clicks of a button in LibraryView Software, QTRAP or TripleTOF users can unlock more of the benefits of integrated qualitative / quantitative analysis.
"Obtaining fast and reliable answers is at the heart of high-throughput screening," said Dave Lavorato, Product Manager at AB SCIEX. "LibraryView Software provides a quick way to screen samples and get answers without laborious data processing and data review."
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 25 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information about the company, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© 2012. AB SCIEX. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]