Document › Details
AB Sciex. (6/3/10). "Press Release: Anti-doping Enforcement Efforts at the 2010 FIFA World Cup Enhanced by State-of-the-art Testing Solution from AB Sciex. Mass Spectrometry Technology Enables Detection of Performance-enhancing Drugs and Masking Agents".
The anti-doping policies at the 2010 FIFA World CupT are being enhanced through the use of a state-of-the-art mass spectrometry-based solution from AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies. By implementing this solution, FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) will be able to ensure the integrity of competition during the world's biggest sporting event.
South Africa's only World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited laboratory, the Free State University Sports Doping Laboratory, will conduct the testing for the FIFA World CupT using AB SCIEX technology, which is based on liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS). This advanced technology enables comprehensive and accurate detection and identification of banned substances that violate anti-doping policies.
The solution is comprised of AB SCIEX QTRAP® technology and AB SCIEX triple quadrupole systems. The QTRAP® system is a mass spectrometer that provides the unique ability to screen, quantitate and confirm molecules in a single analysis, while the triple quadrupole systems provide additional quantitative analysis. These capabilities enable the scientists to inject a sample into the instrument and analyze the qualitative and quantitative results that help determine any trace of banned substances at the lowest limits of detection. These results are used to identify violators of anti-doping policies with scientifically-validated information that is reproducible and highly specific, ensuring outcomes that are verifiable under the most stringent scrutiny.
Piet van der Merwe Ph.D., Director of the Doping Control Laboratory at the 2010 FIFA World CupT
"Our goal for the World CupT is to accurately identify the use of performance-enhancing drugs in support of the FIFA World Cup's anti-doping policies. We are using state-of-the-art instrumentation to uncover and stay ahead of emerging ways to mask doping, so those who might be tempted to artificially enhance their performance on the field should beware. Along with our highly sophisticated test methods, AB SCIEX systems deliver testing capabilities that are among the most advanced ever used for the World CupT."
Joe Anacleto, Ph.D., Vice President and General Manager of the Applied Markets and Clinical Research Business, AB SCIEX
"The FIFA World CupT is one of the most revered and anticipated events in all of sport. The organizers of this event are committed to a zero tolerance policy when it comes to competitors attempting to gain an unfair advantage through the use of performance-enhancing drugs. AB SCIEX technology is providing highly sensitive and accurate detection capabilities, which have been successfully used at other global sporting competitions."
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags
AB SCIEX, performance-enhancing drugs, World Cup, 2010 FIFA, mass spectrometry, QTRAP, life science, analytical technologies, anti-doping, soccer, fútbol
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
© 2010 AB SCIEX.
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]