Document › Details
AB Sciex. (1/9/12). "Press Release: AB Sciex Expands Eksigent Microflow UHPLC Capabilities for LC/MS Workflows. New Additions to Ionization Source Improve Performance, Providing Higher Sensitivity and Better Chromatographic Resolution". Framingham, MA.
|Organisation||Eksigent (AB Sciex business)|
|Product||Turbo V™ Ion Source (TurboV)|
|Product 2||ExpressHT-Ultra HPLC System|
|Person||Settineri, Tina (Danaher 201201 Director HPLC products for Eksigent at AB Sciex)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the extension of capabilities in Eksigent microflow ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) with the launch of new electrospray ionization electrodes for use with the industry standard Turbo VTM ionization source. These small diameter electrodes significantly improve bioanalytical separation, resulting in higher sensitivity, better resolution and improved throughput with Eksigent microflow UHPLC systems.
The ability to detect lower levels of analytes in many sample types is a constant need in any analytical laboratory. By concentrating similar injection volumes into smaller analyte elution volumes, microflow UHPLC is a simple and cost-effective way to improve sensitivity (LOQs) in order to meet this need. With the lower flow rates utilized with micro LC, the use of smaller diameter electrospray ionization electrodes minimize peak dispersion, resulting in high performance separations with sharper, narrower sample peaks. This enables scientists to speed up their gradients without losing their required chromatographic separation. In addition, narrower peaks lead to increased peak height, which improves sensitivity.
Scientists at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences are among the first to have early access to these new small diameter electrodes for the Eksigent micro LC workflow. These scientists are performing high throughput amino acid analysis for clinical research. To improve throughput, they went from high-flow LC to microflow LC by switching to the ExpressHTTM-Ultra system, speeding up the run time for plasma samples sixfold, which they analyze for derivatized "free" amino acids.
"The new Eksigent microflow electrodes enable us to further reduce the inject-to-inject time by more than 30 percent, allowing us to analyze more samples per day," said Prof. John Thaden, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences/HLKN, Texas A&M. "This translates into valuable time and cost savings. With these new electrodes for the Eksigent microflow system, the speed of the instrument is no longer the bottleneck. I now think of micro LC in a whole new way."
In addition to the new electrodes, AB SCIEX is introducing a new hardware kit for use with the ExpressHTTM-Ultra System that enables closer mounting of heated columns to the Turbo V source to minimize tubing lengths and further maximize chromatographic resolution. When the new electrodes are combined with the new column heater mounting hardware, peak dispersion is minimized from the LC all the way into the mass spectrometer. This allows scientists to obtain higher quality chromatography. Because the peaks are narrower, the LC/MS gradient can be made faster. These electrodes are designed to work with the Eksigent ExpressHTTM-Ultra System on the AB SCIEX QTRAP®, Triple QuadTM and TripleTOFTM systems.
"Advancements in Eksigent technology continue to make it easier for scientists to adopt micro LC," said Tina Settineri, Director of HPLC products for Eksigent at AB SCIEX. "We are seeing an increasing number of scientists, especially in bioanalytical laboratories, look to this proven, lower-flow liquid chromatography approach as an attractive solution for improved sensitivity and throughput for LC/MS. It reduces the burden on the mass spectrometer while delivering significant savings in solvent cost and disposal fees. Eksigent brings a new dimension to LC/MS-based analysis."
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information about the company, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
AB SCIEX Public Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]