Document › Details
AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (8/25/16). "Press Release: Sciex to Introduce Benchtop High Resolution Mass Spec for Forensic Toxicology Analysis at TIAFT 2016 Meeting in Brisbane, Australia, Aug 28 – Sep 1, 2016". Singapore.
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||University of Bern|
|Product||X500R QTOF system (Sciex)|
|Product 2||TIAFT 2016 Brisbane|
|Person||Taylor, Adrian (Danaher 201606 Technical Marketing Manager Forensics at Sciex)|
|Person 2||Sicurella, Stacey (Danaher 201503 Manager Global PR + Brand for Sciex)|
Guest presenters to demonstrate innovations around the application of LC-MS/MS in screening of drugs in biological samples and detection of alcohol consumption
SCIEX a global leader in life science analytical technologies, will introduce its first robust high resolution mass spectrometry (MS) system designed specifically for routine applications like forensic testing at the 54th Annual Meeting of The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists (TIAFT 2016) in Brisbane, Australia on August 28 – September 1.
TIAFT members typically work in law enforcement, medical examiner and coroners’ laboratories, horseracing and sports doping laboratories, hospitals and other practices that are actively engaged in analytical toxicology and related areas. TIAFT promotes the cooperation and coordination of efforts among members to advance forensic toxicology research.
X500R Front View
In a workshop organised by SCIEX on the 31st of August, guest presenters from the Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland, will present and discuss innovations around the application of liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry for forensic investigations. Marianne Hädener, who authored research around the use of LC-MS/MS in screening of biological samples for benzodiazepines and z-drugs, will present the competitive advantages of the LC-MS/MS approach over traditional immunoassay screening. Another guest presenter, Marc Luginbühl, also from the Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland, will present on the application of LC-MS/MS for the detection of direct alcohol consumption markers. Alcohol markers are analysed in blood, urine and hair in order to prove alcohol abstinence or consumption. Adrian Taylor, the Forensic Technical Marketing Manager at SCIEX, will present on the X500R QTOF to demonstrate how laboratories tasked with detection of low levels of compounds in complex samples profile the composition of samples full of unknowns.
The simplicity in X500R’s hardware and software design, combined with the system’s balance of high performance and ease of use, enables confident results, regardless of the lab personnel’s skill sets. Improved workflows and robust performance of the system enable lab researchers to get the right results quickly, reliably, and with maximum uptime for all routine testing applications.
Interested parties who wish to attend the workshop may click here to register. Learn more about the new X500R from SCIEX. Download the Forensic Toxicology Testing Information Kit.
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research.
With over 40 years of proven innovation, SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please visit sciex.com.
SCIEX social: Twitter, LinkedIn, and on Facebook.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. RUO-MKT-12-4582-A
AB Sciex is operating as SCIEX.
© 2016 AB Sciex. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of the AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners.
AB Sciex™ is being used under license.
Manager Global Public Relations and Brand, SCIEX
Record changed: 2016-09-12
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]