Document › Details
AB Sciex. (4/12/10). "Press Release: AB Sciex Launches New Application Support Center to Help Advance Life Science Innovation in China". Shanghai.
|Organisation||AB Sciex Asia Pacific Application Support Center (Shanghai)|
|Organisation 2||Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences (SIBS CAS)|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Product 2||LIFE SCIENCES|
|Person||Boorn, Andy (Danaher 201002 President AB SCIEX)|
|Person 2||Juanso, Renaldo (AB SCIEX 201003 VP Corporate Communications)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, today announced the formal opening of its Asia Pacific Application Support Center in Shanghai. With state-of-the-art, award-winning facilities, the new Application Support Center serves as a regional center of excellence for comprehensive service, support and application development to enable the science community in China and the region to continue its increasing use of mass spectrometry and complementary technologies for a broad range of applications.
This state-of-the-art facility serves as a regional hub for the scientific community to learn about the latest innovations in analytical-based laboratory instrumentation. The center hosts a full complement of mass spectrometry instrumentation, workflows and applications for the pharmaceutical, proteomics & biomarker research, forensics, environmental and food safety testing markets. Its primary functions include sample analysis, instrument and workflow demonstrations, comprehensive training programs, region-specific applications development, on-site and remote customer support, and scientific collaborations with research leaders in a variety of life science disciplines.
The AB SCIEX Application Support Center is a state-of-the-art facility that includes training facilities, seven demo laboratories, a wet chemical lab, three lab stock rooms and a service area, Built as a role model for sustainable construction, the facility has already been certified by the U.S. Green Building Council as LEED Gold level, which is the highest certification available for verifying that a building was designed using strategies for improving energy savings and having minimal impact on the environment. LEED is a third-party certification program and a globally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
AB SCIEX has a long history of partnership throughout the life science industry within China. The company serves a broad range of customers in government agencies, academic research, clinical research and pharmaceutical industries. Among them are: the Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences of China Academy of Sciences, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA), and China General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine. Many of these customers were on hand to mark the opening of the Application Support Center, along with AB SCIEX senior executives from the United States and Canada.
“AB SCIEX is proud to be a trusted partner for our customers and collaborators in China and throughout the Asia Pacific region,” said Andy Boorn, president of AB SCIEX. “Our new Application Support Center represents a significant investment and a commitment to delivering innovative technologies and world-class service and support to help address critical issues such as food safety and protecting the environment. We are looking forward to enhancing this support through continued investment and partnerships within the life science community through this regional center of excellence for mass spectrometry technologies.”
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges and improve our world. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services for the life science, clinical research and industrial markets, empowering its customers with technologies that are used in drug discovery and manufacturing, food and environmental safety, and clinical research. AB SCIEX has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership, formerly operating as a joint venture between Applied Biosystems and MDS Analytical Technologies. On January 30, 2010, AB SCIEX was launched as a new operating company within Danaher Corporation. Find out more at: www.absciex.com.
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Media Contacts (China)
Account Executive, MS&L
021 5465 8496
Account Executive, MS&L
021 5465 8470
For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Social Media Tags
AB SCIEX, mass spectrometry, China, life science, analytical technologies, food safety, LEED, green buildings,
For Research Use Only. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]