Document › Details
AB Sciex. (10/31/13). "Press Release: AB Sciex Expands in Singapore to Drive Scientific Innovation". Singapore.
|Organisation||AB Sciex R&D Centre [Singapure, Marsiling]|
|Organisation 2||Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB)|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Product 2||business development (state/region)|
|Person||Eng, Thien Kwee (Singapore 201310 Assistant Managing Director at SEDB)|
|Person 2||Wong, KY (Danaher 201310 VP of Global Operations at AB Sciex)|
Global leader in mass spectrometry technology to maximize Singapore as "hub" for global operations
AB SCIEX, a global leader in analytical technologies, today announced the next major phase of its expansion in Singapore, with the grand opening of a new research and development (R&D) centre.
The facility is an extension of the company's $10-million global operations in Marsiling where life science industry-leading analytical instruments, including the AB SCIEX 6500 series and TripleTOF® series, are manufactured.
The AB SCIEX R&D Centre is focused on product development and brings R&D and manufacturing closer together. As a global leader in scientific technologies for biological and chemical analysis, AB SCIEX spends close to 10 percent of its annual revenues on R&D, which is a driving force for the company's continued innovation in LC/MS/MS (liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry).
The company has also invested in an application support and training facility in the Biopolis, which is Singapore's state-of-the-art biomedical research hub housing a community of public and private researchers.
"Our significant investments in research and development, manufacturing and personnel reaffirm our commitment to Singapore as a hub for AB SCIEX global operations," said Rainer Blair, President of AB SCIEX. "As a trusted partner with scientists all over the world, we will continue to drive new innovation and push the limits of analytical science."
AB SCIEX joins more than 50 biotechnology and life science companies that have an R&D presence in Singapore.
"We are excited about the opening of AB SCIEX's R&D Centre in Singapore -- its first R&D centre outside North America. The centre will design and develop new instruments from Singapore for global markets. This is an excellent example of how leading life science tools companies such as AB SCIEX are looking to Singapore as an integrated home in Asia for complex instrument manufacturing, headquarter functions as well as R&D to support their future growth," said Ms Thien Kwee Eng, Assistant Managing Director, Singapore Economic Development Board.
The company's expansion in Singapore positions AB SCIEX to better serve its customers across Asia-Pacific.
"Our proximity to Asia-Pacific customers creates greater opportunities for regional input into new products that can transform health and safety," said KY Wong, Vice President of Global Operations at AB SCIEX. "Also, by being in Singapore, we have strategic access to the Asian market's supply chain resources."
On the production side, AB SCIEX has completed the transfer of manufacturing Eksigent chromatography products from the United States to Singapore. The physical expansion of manufacturing in its Marsiling factory in northern Singapore is part of a progressive plan for the Southeast Asian manufacturing operation to take on an increased number of products.
AB SCIEX recently won the 2013 Global Market Share Leadership Award for Mass Spectrometry from Frost & Sullivan. Mass spectrometry is advanced scientific technology used in laboratories to detect and quantify compounds, contaminants and proteins across a wide variety of applications, including food safety, drug discovery, clinical research, environmental analysis and biomedical research.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With more than 40 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information about the company, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© 2013. AB SCIEX. Unless otherwise noted in our product literature, AB SCIEX Products Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in Diagnostics Procedures. For more information, refer to www.absciex.com/products. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
AB SCIEX Media Contact
Director of Public Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]