Document › Details
AB Sciex. (10/15/12). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Phytronix Improve High-throughput Pharmaceutical Application. Integration of LDTD with DiscoveryQuant Software Streamlines High-throughput Method Development". Framingham, MA.
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, and Phytronix Technologies today announced the integration of Phytronix's LDTD (Laser Diode Thermal Desorption) ion source with AB SCIEX's DiscoveryQuantTM Software, giving discovery pharmaceutical scientists a faster, more streamlined method development process with automated method optimizationthan previously available for early ADME workflows. The new solution was launched this week at the AAPS 2012 conference.
This represents the next step for AB SCIEX and its partner Phytronix to offer the high-throughput market a better alternative than other technologies. This joint solutionis ideally suited for laboratories that run thousands of samples per day in a regulated environment, especially those with the need for global connectivity to compound database libraries.
The integration gives scientists the ability to use DiscoveryQuant Software to control the LDTD source - and when coupled with the AB SCIEX Triple QuadTM and QTRAP® mass spectrometry portfolio - to achieve speeds that rival any other product for high-throughput applications in the market today, with sample-to-sample cycle times as low as four seconds. This MS/MS (tandem mass spectrometry) solution bypasses LC (liquid chromatography) time scales, providing a much faster approach to method development and optimization. It is expected to improve efficiency and boost productivity.
"We are delivering on the promise of our initial collaboration announcement with AB SCIEX one year ago," said Jean Lacoursiere, President of Phytronix Technologies. "We are delivering a more comprehensive and truly unmatched tool for drug discovery. We are proving that LDTD-MS/MS is a winning combination."
By combining the LDTD source with DiscoveryQuant software, it is possible to automatically determine optimal ion path parameters for maximum sensitivity while populating a shared central database with this critical information. DiscoveryQuant can then access this method database for the use in assays with the LDTD source. The output of this new LDTD-MS/MS workflow feeds into compound database libraries that pharmaceutical scientists need to advance their drug discovery & development work and allows researchers to share MS/MS methodologies globally online, no matter whether one lab is in Asia, another in the US and a third lab in Europe.
"Working with innovative front-end source providerssuch as Phytronix is part of AB SCIEX's commitment to the high-throughput market," said Dave Hicks, Vice President of the Pharmaceutical and Academic Business at AB SCIEX. "With our expertise in software for MS/MS applications, we have extended our partnership with Phytronix to give pharmaceutical scientists access to a novel workflow that pushes the limits."
Founded in 2000, Phytronix Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned company based in Quebec City, province of Quebec, Canada. The company produces and markets laboratory scientific instruments and exports LDTD Technology around the world. Since its establishment, the company shows a growth of 20% to 40% per year. Follow Phytronix on Twitter @Phytronix For more information, go to www.phytronix.com.
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 25 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information about the company, go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX, Facebook and LinkedIn.
For Research Use Only.Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Phytronix Media Contact
AB SCIEX Media Contact
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]