Document › Details
AB Sciex. (6/6/11). "Press Release: AB Sciex and Phytronix Partner to Expand Choices for High-throughput Drug Discovery, Forensic Technology and Food Safety Analysis. Integration of LDTD Technology into AB Sciex Mass Spectrometers". Framingham, MA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||Phytronix Technologies Inc.|
|Product||LDTD Ion Source (Laser Diode Thermal Desorption Ion Source)|
|Product 2||AB Sciex TripleTOF™ 5600 System|
|Index term||Danaher–Phytronix: LDTD ion source, 201106– integration of LDTD ion source with AB Sciex TripleTOF 5600 System|
|Person||Lacoursière, Jean (Phytonix 200906 President)|
|Person 2||Hicks, Dave (Danaher 201004 VP + General Manager Pharmaceuticals + Proteomics at AB SCIEX)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, and Phytronix Technologies today announced that they are working together to expand choices for scientists and lab analysts focused on high-throughput pharmaceutical applications, forensic toxicology and food safety testing. The two companies are integrating Phytronix's LDTD (Laser Diode Thermal Desorption) Ion source with the AB SCIEX TripleTOF 5600 System as a first step to offer the high-throughput accurate mass market a better alternative than other technologies. AB SCIEX and Phytronix are presenting information about LDTD-MS/MS integration at the American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) conference in Denver this week.
This joint effort aims to deliver the latest innovation in mass spectrometry in a workflow solution customized for high-throughput applications. The AB SCIEX TripleTOF 5600 System offers the industry's fastest and most sensitive high-resolution mass spectrometer for high-performance qualitative and quantitative analysis. Complementing this breakthrough technology is Phytronix's LDTD Ion Source, which is the fastest high throughput solution on the market.
This development will benefit the entire AB SCIEX mass spectrometry portfolio and is expected to increase the throughput of workflows using the industry's highest sensitivity mass spectrometers, exclusively from AB SCIEX
Jean Lacoursière, President of Phytronix Technologies
"The combination of LDTD and the AB SCIEX Triple TOF 5600 System provides an unmatchable tool for drug discovery as well as clinical research, forensics and food safety analysis. Our LDTD Ion Source introduces a sample by a rapid laser thermal desorption process into an AB SCIEX MS/MS, ionizing it via atmospheric pressure chemical ionization without mobile phase. This 'shotgun' approach, coupled with the TripleTOF system, offers a full MS analysis with the Exact Mass in less than 4 seconds."
Dave Hicks, Vice President and General Manager of the Pharmaceutical and Omics Business, AB SCIEX
"AB SCIEX is committed to the high-throughput market, and with the AB SCIEX TripleTOF 5600 System setting a new standard in innovation, we are confident that we can push the limits in this area better than anyone else. Several of our customers are already working with LDTD-MS/MS, so this integration with Phytronix is a natural step forward in our strategy to broaden the options for scientists and lab analysts utilizing high-throughput workflows."
About Phytronix Technologies, Inc.
Founded in 2000, Phytronix Technologies Inc. is a privately owned company based in QuébecCity, province of Québec, Canada. The company produces and markets laboratory scientific instruments and exports LDTD Technology around the world. Since its establishment, the company shows a growth of 20 to 40% per year. Information about Phytronix is available on the Web at www.phytronix.com .
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service & support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery & development, food & environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
AB Sciex Instruments Are For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Phytronix Technologies Contact
AB SCIEX Contact
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]