Document › Details
AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (9/13/16). "Press Release: Sciex to Tackle Challenges Faced by Academic Labs Working to Advance Precision Medicine at HUPO 2016 Meeting in Taipei, Sept 18 – Sept 22 2016". Singapore.
|Organisation||AB Sciex (Danaher, Framingham, MA)|
|Organisation 2||Cedars-Sinai Advanced Clinical Biosystems Research Institute|
|Group||Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|
|Product||HUPO 2016 Taipei (15th Annual World Congress)|
|Product 2||OneOmics™ cloud computing environment (Illumina/AB Sciex)|
|Person||Van Eyk, Jennifer (Jenny) (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center 201406 before Johns Hopkins Univ 201306 Senior Researcher)|
|Person 2||Hunter, Christie (Danaher 201309 Director of Proteomics Applications at AB Sciex)|
Guest presenters to share new data on their use of high throughput, industrialised Omics solutions to scale and accelerate their workflows
SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, will showcase its comprehensive proteomics solutions, including SCIEX Microflow SWATH® acquisition on the TripleTOF® 6600 system and OneOmics™ cloud computing at the 15th Annual World Congress of Human Proteome Organization (HUPO 2016) in Taipei on September 18 – 22.
HUPO members are renowned proteomics researchers from the academic and industrial sectors. HUPO promotes the development and awareness of proteomics research and advocates on behalf of proteomics researchers throughout the world.
In a workshop organised by SCIEX on the 19th of September, guest presenters from USA and Australia will present and discuss innovations and implications around the application of Precision Medicine.
Dr. Jenny Van Eyk, Director - Advanced Clinical Biosystems Institute in the Department of Biomedical Sciences of Cedars Sinai will present on "Enabling Precision Medicine: High Throughput Proteomics for Accelerated Biomarker Translation." Dr. Van Eyk and her team have benefitted in their research from the development of analytical platforms which combine full automation of sample preparation, high throughput LC-MS sampling, and robust protein quantitation for biomarker validation.
Another guest presenter, Phil Robinson, Head of the Cell Signalling Unit at Children's Medical Research Institute (CMRI) and an NHMRC Senior Principal Research Fellow, will present on "Implications for Delivering on the Promise of Precision Medicine". CMRI partnered with SCIEX in February this year to develop and trial new omics workflows in a real-world setting and advance large-scale proteomic profiling studies. These studies will profile thousands of tumour samples per year, enable discoveries around the causes of cancer, provide guidance of cancer treatment options, and work to produce standard operating procedures for other facilities around the world.
On the 20th of September, SCIEX representatives will present in a workshop focused on comprehensive software solutions. Christie Hunter, Director, Global Technical Marketing, Omics, will present on "Industrializing SWATH Acquisition Workflows with Automated Sample Preparation and Microflow LC." Stephen Tate, Senior Research Scientist at SCIEX, will also present "From Large Data Sets to Biological Answers: A Robust Cloud-Based Analysis Pipeline for Quantitative SWATH Proteomics."
SCIEX will also showcase their comprehensive Next-Generation Proteomics (NGP) platform for Industrialized Omics Workflows at Booths 6 and 12. SCIEX Microflow SWATH acquisition offers a higher flow rate for significant time savings and improved robustness, while maintaining the high quantitative quality of SWATH acquisition on the TripleTOF 6600 system. Coupled with OneOmics data analysis tools, researches get the right results quickly, reliably, and with maximum uptime, resulting in more meaningful biological information. Bringing these "game-changing" innovations together has set the standard for truly comprehensive data with the most confident and reproducible protein quant for thousands of proteins in hundreds of samples.
Learn more about the Microflow SWATH. Interested parties should register to attend the HUPO 2016 workshop.
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support in the capillary electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery and development, food and environmental testing, forensics and clinical research.
With over 40 years of proven innovation, SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please visit sciex.com.
SCIEX social: Twitter, LinkedIn, and on Facebook.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. RUO-MKT-12-4639-A
AB Sciex is operating as SCIEX.
© 2016 AB Sciex. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of the AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners.
AB Sciex™ is being used under license.
EASTWEST PR for Oasis Games
Melinda Ilagan/ Josiah Tan
Tel: 65. 6222 0306
Record changed: 2016-10-06
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]