Document › Details
AB Sciex. (2/1/10). "Press Release: AB Sciex Technology Helping to Achieve New Food Safety Standards in India. Mass Spectrometry Solution Improves Monitoring for Pesticides". New Delhi.
|Organisation||AB Sciex (Applied Biosystems/MDS Sciex joint venture)|
|Today||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||India (govt)|
|Product||3200 QTRAP® LC/MS/MS System|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
|Person||Lauman, Laura (Illumina 201112– VP Marketing before Danaher 201002– President AB SCIEX before PerkinElmer + Waters)|
AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, and its distribution partner Labindia Life Sciences, today announced that they are supplying a food-testing solution to the government of India. This is part of a project with the Ministry of Agriculture to help reinforce new food safety standards through better monitoring for contamination.
This project addresses pesticide contamination of fruits and vegetables. As these contaminants can be harmful to people and livestock that consume them, India has instituted more stringent laws, including an expanded list of banned pesticides that need to be accurately identified to help reduce exposure to harmful pesticides.
The Indian government implemented a mass spectrometry solution from AB SCIEX to accurately test food for a wide range of contaminants and quickly produce reliable results. This comprehensive solution utilizes AB SCIEX mass spectrometers and specialized software that combine advanced test methods with automation to simplify the process of identifying pesticides in the food supply.
The solution deployed by the Indian government for this project relies on liquid chromatography/ tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) technology, which enables comprehensive identification and measurement of chemicals at extremely low amounts.
The specific technology that comprises this solution consists of six AB SCIEX 3200 systems. The QTRAP system is a mass spectrometer that provides the ability to uniquely perform quantitative and qualitative analysis in a single scan. The specialized software provides simple steps to manage the testing and collect the data generated from the systems.
These systems and application software create a laboratory workflow that enables technicians to insert a sample of food into the instrument and view the results of the molecular scan automatically on a computer monitor. The results are the basis for decision-making to ensure safety and compliance with India’s new food safety standards.
Laura Lauman, president of AB SCIEX
“Food safety is an important issue for governments around the world. AB SCIEX is assisting the efforts in India and many other countries to protect the food supply by enabling the accurate identification of contaminants through our powerful mass spectrometry solutions.”
Umesh Pawa, vice president of Labindia Life Sciences
“Increasing the quality of food safety is a high priority throughout India. This requires sophisticated technologies to identify and analyze a variety of contaminants in order to eliminate potential contamination. The partnership between AB SCIEX and Labindia enables a best-in-class solution to support this critical project.”
“This is AB SCIEX” (Corporate video)
AB SCIEX food testing technology
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX is a global leader in the development of life science analytical technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges. The company provides scientific instrumentation, software and services used to discover new drugs, advance medical science and protect the food supply and the environment. The company has a more than 20-year history of innovation and market leadership as the former Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytical Technologies joint venture. For more information about AB SCIEX, go to www.absciex.com.
Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
Labindia Instruments Private Limited is one of the most renowned Indian companies with business interests in instrumentation, software and manufacturing. As an exclusive distributor, Labindia Life Sciences works as an extended arm for AB SCIEX in India and offers best-in-class sales and after-sales services to its growing customer base. This award-winning company houses a state-of- the-art, NABL-accredited application laboratory and training center in Gurgaon, providing training on leading-edge technologies facilitated by AB SCIEX instrumentation and workflows. Labindia Life Sciences offers a range of after-sales service plans and training to Indian customers and helps them realize the return on their investments in AB SCIEX products.
Social Media Tags
Food safety, contamination, pesticides, India food supply, chemicals, mass spectrometry
For Research Use Only. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners.
© 2010 AB SCIEX.
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]