Document › Details
Scion Instruments. (3/21/16). "Press Release: Scion Instruments Announces Appointment of US General Manager".
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Scion Instruments (Fremont, CA, US)|
|Organisation 2||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||gas chromatography system (GC system)|
|Product 2||GC/MS system|
|Index term||Bruker Corp–Techcomp: investment, 201411 acquisition of GC + GC-SQ SCION business by Techcomp Europe Ltd|
|Person||Phillips, Julian (Techcomp 201603– US General Manager for Scion Instruments before Bruker Daltonics + Thermo Fisher)|
Scion Instruments has appointed Julian Phillips as the new General Manager for Scion Instruments in the United States. He will be based at the Scion and Techcomp facility in Austin, Texas and will lead the sales and support teams for GC, GC-MS and chromatography data systems in the US. Julian joins Scion Instruments at a time in its evolution when a wide range of new resources, facilities and investments are being put into place.
Julian brings to Scion extensive experience in the scientific analytical instruments industry. He has previously held senior marketing and product management roles for the likes of Bruker CAM and Thermo Fisher Scientific. Julian’s most recent position was with Bruker Daltonics as Regional Sales and Application Manager where he provided the company with an exceptional increase in sales growth and developed and implemented plans to increase customer focus.
Commenting on his appointment, Julian Phillips said: “The opportunity with Scion to build the organization and lead the growth of the business in the US is extremely exciting and a challenge I am relishing. I am joining the new global leadership team at Scion and together we will be able to develop and deliver the strategies needed to take Scion forward as a major force in gas chromatography markets.”
Scion Instruments was acquired by the Techcomp Group in 2014 and builds on the success and legacy of Varian GC and GC-MS products. As well as delivering its own products and services, Scion is able to provide spares and support for a range of older Varian and Bruker branded GC and GC-MS.
– ENDS –
About Scion Instruments
Scion Instruments designs, manufactures and markets GC and GC-MS systems along with a full range of accessories, consumables and support services. Scion also markets CompassCDS™ stand-alone and client-server chromatography data systems. Scion Instruments has facilities in Livingston, Scotland, Goes, Netherlands and Fremont, CA, USA as well as manufacturing in Shanghai, China. Scion Instruments is part of the Techcomp Group of Companies. More information about Scion Instruments is available at www.scioninstruments.com.
Record changed: 2016-04-08
More documents for Techcomp (Group)
-  Scion Instruments. (2/22/17). "Press Release: Scion Instruments Announces Major Improvements to Its Offerings at Pittcon 2017". Austin, TX....
-  Scion Instruments. (3/21/16). "Press Release: Techcomp Europe Appoints New CEO to Lead Scion Instruments"....
-  Scion Instruments. (3/3/16). "Press Release: Scion Instruments Launches Latest Release of CompassCDS Chromatography Data System"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (7/17/15). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Name Change of SCION GC-TQ to EVOQ GC-TQ"....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (4/22/15). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Scion Instruments Agree to Enable Each Other's Instruments in Their Chromatography Data Systems". Santa Clara, CA & Fremont, CA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/6/14). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/3/14). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Divestiture of Its Gas Chromatography Product Lines". Fremont, CA....
-  Scion Instruments. (11/3/14). "Press Release: Scion Instruments Is Established by Techcomp from the Acquisition of Bruker GC and GC-MS SQ Assets"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]